• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it true that Dark Samus might be a "Echo"es Character in Smash Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Three characters per game? Then a lot of Mario, Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters would have to be cut.
Aside from Mario (it is Nintendo's flagship franchise, and it is fair for Mario to have more reps), that would be fine by me. IF they want to add more fighters in the next Smash, I think they won't be able to avoid cuts. They could keep Pikachu, Mewtwo (or Charizard) and Lucario from Pokémon and Marth, Ike and honestly this is kinda tough because Robin is unique but Lucina is more popular... So I don't know. But to be fair, I think the next Smash will focus on fleshing out echo fighters rather than on newcomers, so no cuts will happen. There are honestly not a lot of potential fighters left that are actually really popular requests and not niche picks. Keyword being a lot.

I do agree that if they wanted to cut a Metroid fighter, it should be Zero Suit Samus, but ONLY if they flesh out Dark Samus, Yes, ZSS is Samus, but she has an unique moveset, while Dark Samus doesn't.

Anyways, back to the topic, I do agree the tentacle move from Dark Samus AT would have been a cool replacement for the bomb.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I know, and I wouldn't mind. There are plenty of characters who can be added once the roster has been significantly reduced at least by a third.
Well, #EveryoneIsHere. Ultimate's roster isn't getting reduced. It's getting expanded. And if the roster gets limited to three per franchise, everyone will complain. Sakurai put everyone in to please fans who miss their mains. And if Sakurai decided on three characters per franchise for Smash 6, I do not want Zero Suit Samus to get cut in favor of an evil clone. And people who request newcomers from series with three or more characters wouldn't be happy, especially the Waluigi fans.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The "Everyone is Here" slogan is a Smash Ultimate thing. I am pretty sure Crystanium is speculating about the next game, which will naturally focus on different things when it happens.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, "Everyone is Here" would be a much better idea than "Three per Franchise." And besides, each Smash game goes on a more advanced console than the last and there's DLC for last minute additions. They should keep expanding the roster, not reducing it.

Anyway, back to Dark Samus. Umm... Well, someone's gotta say something about Dark Samus to get this thread back on track.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, "Everyone is Here" would be a much better idea than "Three per Franchise." And besides, each Smash game goes on a more advanced console than the last and there's DLC for last minute additions. They should keep expanding the roster, not reducing it.

Anyway, back to Dark Samus. Umm... Well, someone's gotta say something about Dark Samus to get this thread back on track.
Not really, the thread is kind of irrelevant now that we know for certain Dark Samus is, in fact, an echo.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, #EveryoneIsHere. Ultimate's roster isn't getting reduced. It's getting expanded. And if the roster gets limited to three per franchise, everyone will complain. Sakurai put everyone in to please fans who miss their mains. And if Sakurai decided on three characters per franchise for Smash 6, I do not want Zero Suit Samus to get cut in favor of an evil clone. And people who request newcomers from series with three or more characters wouldn't be happy, especially the Waluigi fans.
I'm not talking about SSBU's roster. I'm talking about the next game. I know many will complain, but Sakurai already said this is going to be a one time thing, since it requires a lot of permission from different companies. Even with new characters, people still complain about Waluigi not being in the game, or Geno, or whoever. That's bound to happen. Zero Suit Samus is just Samus. Dark Samus is more like a twin, who has her own personality. There's nothing significant that ZSS has done in the series.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I don't think roster size for Smash 6 would be relevant. This thread is about Dark Samus as an Echo character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom