• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it safe to expect more content together with the other Fighter Passes???

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
So, with Joker being released together with the 3.0 update that will also add the new Stage Builder and a share feature for the stages and videos, is it safe to assume that we will continue to receive gameplay content together with the other character DLCs?

Maybe we will end up receiving all or at least the most relevant minimodes that are not in Ultimate, like Home-Run Contest, Target Blast, Break the Targets, Smash Tour and why not Smash Run from the 3Ds?

Being even a bit more optimistic, what would you think if in the last DLC we receive the news that Subspace Emissary would be inserted in the game with updated graphics and adapted to the gameplay of Ultimate? Is it dream too much?

Last edited:

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
I wish Home-Run was in the game. I had lots of fun with Target Blast, too. Maybe it is dream too much.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count on it but there is certainly the possibility of past modes being added through these major updates.
I doubt Smash Tour will come back. If it does at all I'd expect it to be wildly different, incorporating the spirit mechanic instead.
It does make sense for Home-Run-Contest to come back next though and I'm guessing Break The Targets at some later date as well.
I certainly would like a Smash Run mode to come but I am currently doubting it will unless they plan to go ALL OUT with this game which so far they seem to be.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't count on it but there is certainly the possibility of past modes being added through these major updates.
I doubt Smash Tour will come back. If it does at all I'd expect it to be wildly different, incorporating the spirit mechanic instead.
It does make sense for Home-Run-Contest to come back next though and I'm guessing Break The Targets at some later date as well.
I certainly would like a Smash Run mode to come but I am currently doubting it will unless they plan to go ALL OUT with this game which so far they seem to be.
I would totally see a Smash Run too coming. I'm not sure about Smash Tour's return, though.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So, with Joker being released together with the 3.0 update that will also add the new Stage Builder and a share feature for the stages and videos, is it safe to assume that we will continue to receive gameplay content together with the other character DLCs?

Maybe we will end up receiving all or at least the most relevant minimodes that are not in Ultimate, like Home-Run Contest, Target Blast, Break the Targets, Smash Tour and why not Smash Run from the 3Ds?

Being even a bit more optimistic, what would you think if in the last DLC we receive the news that Subspace Emissary would be inserted in the game with updated graphics and adapted to the gameplay of Ultimate? Is it dream too much?
My advice: Don't assume or expect anything. You'll be better off this way.

For all we know, update 3.0 is just an outlier among upcoming patches. It would be fantastic if they brought more and more content with future updates, but unless they announce anything about it don't assume that they are more than what they are.
Heck, I wouldn't mind if they released more modes as paid content.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
My advice: Don't assume or expect anything. You'll be better off this way.

For all we know, update 3.0 is just an outlier among upcoming patches. It would be fantastic if they brought more and more content with future updates, but unless they announce anything about it don't assume that they are more than what they are.
Heck, I wouldn't mind if they released more modes as paid content.
After hearing your response, I kinda change my mind a little.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm expecting more modes in the future. Do I think they will be released along with every new fighters? No. Maybe on the 3rd fighter and last fighter. If they want to surprise me with every fighter then go ahead please, but I'm expecting at least one more mode. Home-Run just has to make it in. It's somewhere in the code and I can't imagine why this got the boot. Boss Battles may be something to expect too because bosses are clearly a thing and just like Brawl, you can fight them all in an All-star like fashion.

I'm happy with what we have already and what we will be getting tomorrow, but it won't hurt to have other inclusions too.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I'm expecting Home Run Contest to make it in at some point, since that was found in the code along with Stage Builder. Other than that, I wouldn't expect much, though.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see a couple more bosses added, even if as part of DLC, and a Boss Rush Mode, but there's not much of a base for that happening unfortunately.

Top Bottom