• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to replace characters in Melee with existing characters?

Zacmariozero

Smash Rookie
More to the point, I want to replace Popo and Nana with Luigi so it's a double Luigi team, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so. Tried using GCR, CrazyHand, and even ripping all the files, but no luck. Any tips to point me in the right direction if possible?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
More to the point, I want to replace Popo and Nana with Luigi so it's a double Luigi team, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so. Tried using GCR, CrazyHand, and even ripping all the files, but no luck. Any tips to point me in the right direction if possible?
https://smashboards.com/threads/hold-y-for-climber-clone-v1-2.452687/

Characters do a lot of setup based off the character ID, and simply replacing the file would cause a crash or other issues because of the loading method for the characters being individually hardcoded.

Top Bottom