• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to Install Project M Without an SD Card?

YumaNeko

Smash Rookie
So, i'm watching a tutorial to install Project M But... I need an SD Card and i don't have any. So, i was wondering if is it possible to Install Project M without an SD Card.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
If your Wii is modded you can run it off a USB drive just like you'd run it off an SD card. But if you want the hackless version you need an SD card, since it exploits a bug in Brawl reading from an SD card in the custom stage maker to load the Project M files.

SD cards are easy to buy on the internet or in physical shops, but I understand it's awkward at your age and you might have to ask your parents. If you can't get a new one maybe there's one lying around in the house somewhere if you ask or your friends have one.

Last edited:

YumaNeko

Smash Rookie
Oh...
There's not Any way to install project m with only a usb key, except if i hack my wii, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom