• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to attend a tournament but not to compete?

Hazmal2401

Smash Rookie
I live in B.C and there aren't a lot of opportunities to go to tournaments here and I noticed that Battle of BC3 is happening and I want to know if its possible to go to the tournament just to see what tournaments are all about and enjoy the culture but not actually compete.

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
I mean you could just participate for fun. What I say is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and could be a good learning experience to get better. There are also twitch streams that host tournaments that you can check out online. Wether they'll let you watch in person or not depends on the event, I know a couple places that don't want spectators or make them pay a tournament entry just to watch, but most local tournaments won't care. I say give it a shot, you can do it!

Last edited:

Hazmal2401

Smash Rookie
I mean you could just participate for fun. What I say is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and could be a good learning experience to get better. There are also twitch streams that host tournaments that you can check out online. Wether they'll let you watch in person or not depends on the event, I know a couple places that don't want spectators or make them pay a tournament entry just to watch, but most local tournaments won't care. I say give it a shot, you can do it!

Top Bottom