• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it just me or the puff buffed but with a bad rest

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
whenever I try to walk in rest it fails only been able to do jumping rest

Folax

Smash Rookie
I'm not 100% sure honestly if it did or didn't, but I do know that I personally find jump in rest a safer opinion anyway. So if it was nerfed than I don't think it's a major one.

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
Rest is definitely not worse than it was before. It's way easier to combo into, and nobody ever does walk into rest anyway. You should almost always do it out of the air (or in specific scenarios, out of a crouch).

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As mentioned before you can't overlap your collision hitboxes anymore, so it's not as simple to hit in this game. Idk how this effects roll reads, and similar **** yet, I haven't gotten to test her enough, but I feel it may end up problematic.

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
Rest is definitely not worse than it was before. It's way easier to combo into, and nobody ever does walk into rest anyway. You should almost always do it out of the air (or in specific scenarios, out of a crouch).
you did it

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Not being able to run through opponents is a sizable nerf to Rest that I would say hurts its utility pretty badly.

But, on the bright side, at least you won’t get punished when you do land it.

AntiqueMoose

Smash Rookie
It's been confirmed that rest hitbox is a little bigger than in 4, and the endlag was toned down 230f > 185f(hit)/210f(miss)
KB and damage are the same though

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Its harder to land for two reasons:

1) You cant run through opponents anymore.
2) The rest hitbox is at the center of Jigglypuff's model. Additionally, its much smaller than jiggly's body.

Combining these two reasons, its harder to make Jiggly's center to touch a hurtbox of another opponent on the ground.

If I land sing, I cant land rest at all, ESPECIALLY on smaller opponents like Pikachu or Kirby.
I always have to jump and use rest on a sleeping opponent while descending.

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
As mentioned, you can't walk into the space to land the Rest. Gotta do it from the air. Way easier to combo into in this one tbh.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Not being able to run through opponents is a sizable nerf to Rest that I would say hurts its utility pretty badly.

But, on the bright side, at least you won’t get punished when you do land it.
So actually, I was wrong. Jigglypuff can still get punished for landing Rest if it’s a blast KO. Why they insist on keeping this asinine ****, I’ll never know.

But, you can actually combo into Rest in this game, so...

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
So actually, I was wrong. Jigglypuff can still get punished for landing Rest if it’s a blast KO. Why they insist on keeping this asinine ****, I’ll never know.

But, you can actually combo into Rest in this game, so...
I take it then that if it's a Star KO or a Screen KO then you should be fine?
That's something that does annoy me about Smash 4 and Ultimate: the introduction of blast KOs via the ceiling. Sure, Brawl Jigglypuff was bad, but if you landed a rest and got a kill, you were safe. Now, if you land your rest, it's down to luck as to whether or not your opponent can punish you.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I take it then that if it's a Star KO or a Screen KO then you should be fine?
That's something that does annoy me about Smash 4 and Ultimate: the introduction of blast KOs via the ceiling. Sure, Brawl Jigglypuff was bad, but if you landed a rest and got a kill, you were safe. Now, if you land your rest, it's down to luck as to whether or not your opponent can punish you.
Star KOs are safe for sure, but Screen KOs are faster than they were before to avoid double KO jank. Since Rest’s endlag has been cut down though, I think it’s pretty likely that you won’t get punished for Screen KOs.

Top Bottom