• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or does Final Destination looks too futuristic?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I mean, in Brawl and Smash 4, the Final Destination had always the theme of having material that looks like it was made from the future.

But I've noticed that the Final Destination of Ultimate looks way futuristic, way more than in Brawl and 4. It looks way more futuristic than Metroid in general and more than previous games.

I think it's great in visual but it's like that design is hinting about something.

D

Deleted member

Past 64, Final Destination has always been within some sort of sci-fi theme. I, for one, didn't like Smash 4's FD much because of the unbalanced and weird "good vs evil" aesthetic, and it seemed like a mishmash of scifi and fantasy.

That said, Ultimate FD does kinda seem to mix things up again. Instead of being a weird machine like in Melee, this one seems to follow the same trend of Battlefield and features what looks like some sort of ruin? Who even knows, man.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Sm4sh's Final Destination aesthetics is a dichotomy that represent the two version of the game. It not "good vs evil" but just the "3DS/WiiU" reference.

aarchak

Smash Ace
I think the word you might be looking for is "alien". All the previous Final Destinations looked futuristic to some degree, but this one looks like an alien meteorite crashed into a floating platform and infected it, causing a portal to hell to spawn.

Top Bottom