• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it good to practice 20XX melee on a laptop or sould i get it on a console

R3v3ng3

Smash Rookie
I play melee on dolphin but im wondering if its better if i get 20XX on a memory card and buy melee(both will cost ~90€).

Pauer

The Pauerful
Playing on a CRT with a console is the best way to practice. If you have to practice on a laptop, use the latest FasterMelee Dolphin build. The cheapest way of playing 20XX on a console is to buy a wii, softmod it (guide) and download the game ROM for 20XX. Whole setup will cost less than 40$ if you buy used.

Also, are you talking about the 20XX Training Hack Pack or the 20XX Tournament Edition? They are very different builds. The 20XX hack pack is better for training.

R3v3ng3

Smash Rookie
Playing on a CRT with a console is the best way to practice. If you have to practice on a laptop, use the latest FasterMelee Dolphin build. The cheapest way of playing 20XX on a console is to buy a wii, softmod it (guide) and download the game ROM for 20XX. Whole setup will cost less than 40$ if you buy used.

Also, are you talking about the 20XX Training Hack Pack or the 20XX Tournament Edition? They are very different builds. The 20XX hack pack is better for training.
I have a wii but idk where to find ntsc melee.Also im talking about 20XX hack pack

Thanks btw

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
If you have a wii, softmod it like Pauer suggested and download either 20XX version. Then start scouting the streets for CRT's getting thrown out. I found mine that way. I also needed a $15 adapter because it only had a coax input.

Top Bottom