• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it actually possible to beat a ZSS with DDD?

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I have never beaten a ZSS with Dedede in my history of elite smash in this game. I have NO IDEA what to do against this character. She is too fast and easily nullifies the gordo so that is barely ever an option.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Well, what I do is just play the slow game. ZSS is the rabbit, DDD if the turtle. You have to wait and bait ZSS to make a flop. Use your jumps to max, know when to jump and fast fall, and maybe play the edgexgaurding game more, trapping and whatnot, if you get an advantage, keep her in the air. From my...online experience,

Kugelhagelfisch

Smash Cadet
Have you tried hitting her with the hammer? That's what I usually do and it works....sometimes.
Seriously though, you've got to be careful of spacing and use Gordos even more carefully. She's not a great matchup but I've never felt her to be especially bad. I dislike playing a Zelda a lot more.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
>be patient with shield use
>dont ever try to ledge trap her, instead try going off stage:
>>>>use multi jumps to hover high, and if ZSS goes high hit her. If she goes low for the rocket booties, drop down aireal.
>little or no gordo use. She can just a). jump around them, b). use her fast af moves to smack them back
>Utilise tools like Jab, uptilt, and grab a lot more. Jab is our safest move and our best tool in dealing with chars like ZSS

Top Bottom