• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Game & Watch the master baiter?

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
He's a tricky dude, a lot of his moves either have very long lasting hitboxes or they end much faster than anyone expects.

I see Qerb using these maneuvers more and more lately and I've personally noticed they work even after they've been used many times over.

Stuff like randomly charging or letting loose Up smashes no where near the opponent then following with an immediate D-tilt or jab to catch them rushing in to "punish". Whiffing a Nair on purpose (people are surprised by it only having 15 frames lag), Dsmash is a very short move and Fsmash is such a stellar move since the long lasting weak hitbox can be a combo starter.

Bacon has some unexplored things too, it transfers your momentum in the air when it starts. so you can air dash in or SH at them then DJ back > bacon changing your velocity and direction as quick as Jigglypuff. it also ends faster than people expect and can be varied from 1-5 bacons adding to it's ambiguity.

Basically since G-Dub's shield and techs sucketh I'm finding this to be a valid (almost necessary) neutral tool for him at higher levels.

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
I stopped using G&W after the 1000000 time i naired 1 frame early and the parachute goes right thru the opponent. Its his best move and still sucks so ima hand you the bacon.
SWAG TIP: YOU CAN D-TILT BACON RESET -->SIDE B IF AND WHEN THEY MISS TECH ON LOW PLATFORMS.

ordinary

Smash Rookie
That bacon pan momentum idea sounds interesting but it's actual nice usage might be too specific. As in it may only be useful in some few positions because it's not like spacie lasers where I land and can start wreaking havoc. At most it just puts us back into neutral if I'm nervous of the positioning

Top Bottom