• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is forward throw into thoron a true kill confirm

Baddest bih

Smash Cadet
I’ve been going for it a lot and it’s been working but I’m pretty sure my opponents aren’t jumping out of it. I just need to know if it’s true

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Why do you even use Robin?
Holy smokes
The contempt in this post
I’ve been going for it a lot and it’s been working but I’m pretty sure my opponents aren’t jumping out of it. I just need to know if it’s true
To give a real answer to your question, it is NOT true, but it IS a good mixup to go for if your opponent expects you to go for a different option, so its possible to catch them unawares with it

PuffinToast34

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
I've had so many bad experiences with Robin, I wouldn't wanna belive anyone would consider maining him.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I've had so many bad experiences with Robin, I wouldn't wanna belive anyone would consider maining him.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Unfortunate you feel that way, I've mained robin since the beginning of smash 4, and I've had a blast the entire time.

I'd reccomend giving him (or her if you want) another try. I suspect you had poor experiences because you were to playing robin like other characters, when he is more complicated to play and difficult to pick up than most other characters.

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
As any Robin player knows, the best set-up for Thoron is no set-up. Just wait until your opponent gets tired of trying to bait it and then fire it on a random moment when they finally forget about it or they are in a position where they can't react to it in time like after a roll or an airdodge.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Besides your normal rolling and such technically the best Thoron setup I know of right now is arcfire on ledge -> Thoron...there was that crazy gif of that guy doing raw arcfire->arcfire->Thoron though

Thoron in this game has been getting me some mad early kills, it can be godlike.

Top Bottom