• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Falco Still Viable?

The new official tier list is now out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFTV1DH38E).
This is not an official tier list. It is Zero's tier list although he did have discussion with some top Melee players notably PPMD and I believe he mentioned Armada (not sure). Either way Falco is still viable even though he is my least favorite character in the game

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Falco's so bad now he looses 30/70 to himself.
Westballz should stick with his true main though, Samus.

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Just watched this Zero tier list. That was... very bad. Useless to rage about it, but it's filled with contradictions, unpopular assumptions and outright stupid points. I commented on YT to call out everything that seemed just wrong to me and asking him to react to what I pointed out. We'll see tho.

PalcoMaster3000

Smash Rookie
I mean come on guys , at least 2 people said that falco wasn't top 2 . He is clearly not viable anymore . He lack good combos , good projectile or any reliable kill set up .
Plus KJH could finally be happy .
#NoMoreFalco #StopTheGimmick #2016

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I mean come on guys , at least 2 people said that falco wasn't top 2 . He is clearly not viable anymore . He lack good combos , good projectile or any reliable kill set up .
Plus KJH could finally be happy .
#NoMoreFalco #StopTheGimmick #2016
You created an account just to post that?

\(^o^)/

Smash Rookie
Every character below the top 2 is unviable, and marth is only sometimes viable.

Also, zero is, like, the best smash 4 player out there. Nobody can question his opinion.

20XX forever.

Dizcofunk

Smash Rookie
As a newer Smash player and Falco main, I am a biased to say Falco is still viable. There are definite pros and cons to him, however the idea that he's "dead" or "unviable" is totally wrong. PPMD recently posted a video to YouTube talking about Falco's place in the Melee meta (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8y0U3EWrqY), and it makes perfect sense. It's interesting to see Falco's lack of use since there are definitive reasons and techniques that allow him to go toe-to-toe with Fox, and Falco players can still compete and win at a high level.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
As a newer Smash player and Falco main, I am a biased to say Falco is still viable. There are definite pros and cons to him, however the idea that he's "dead" or "unviable" is totally wrong. PPMD recently posted a video to YouTube talking about Falco's place in the Melee meta (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8y0U3EWrqY), and it makes perfect sense. It's interesting to see Falco's lack of use since there are definitive reasons and techniques that allow him to go toe-to-toe with Fox, and Falco players can still compete and win at a high level.
Hey, don't get it wrong : the amount of trolling in this post has reached critical levels.
Here are facts.
-No official tier list has put falco at #3 yet, they'll have to wait until the community 2016 tier list.
-There is no actual good reason to do so, marths haven't been doing any better to deserve to claim spot #2.
-Should Falco be #3, he'll still be very much viable and a solid top tier.

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
That's zero's tier list, his opinion, his thoughts. The most recent official one came from 25 of the best/noteworthy players in the community (sadly not had or else falcon would be in F and fox in SSSS or 20XX tier)

Daze 072401

Smash Cadet
The new official tier list is now out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFTV1DH38E). Now that Falco is worse than marth, should players like Westballz switch to marth now that he is so much better?
LMAO, zeros tier list is far from official

that said, i dunno about falcos continuous viability. his horrendous survivability and slowly waning combo/kill potential combine to make me think Falco is definitely not at a stable second. hes to volatile

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
"should players like Westballz switch to marth now that he is so much better?"
Lmao how's Marth now so much better in a game that never got patched?

Last edited:

SAUS

Smash Ace
I saw Westballz lose to Falcon at Evo. He can't even win this matchup any more? I think it is time for everyone to move on from Falco.

Top Bottom