• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt Duo) Underrated & Do You Like Them?

JJPR:Let'sSmash!

Smash Rookie
Duck Hunt, or Duck Hunt Duo in other regions, has been a fighter in the series ever since Smash 4, but despite his classic roots, his very tricky moveset, or wait, shouldn't I say their moveset instead? Yeah, after Ice Climbers & Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt was the 3rd Duo to join smash! Those who really know Duck Hunt say that Duck Hunt was kinda Banjo-Kazooie before Banjo-Kazooie got in, and I agree! If you compare Ultimate Duck Hunt with Ultimate Banjo-Kazooie, you can see some similarities. Do it for yourself If you wanna see or you can probably find some comparisons right here on the internet or something. Anyways, Despite all of that, I never hear anybody talking about the duo, which is especially weird because of how many people played Duck Hunt for the NES. His moveset should also be discussed more because it is one of the most unique in the game! You can set up traps with the explosive cans, Stun and launch foes at the same time with Clay Pigeons, Use the Wild Gunman as a shield or as a long range weapon, and more. So, what I wanted to ask is do you like Duck Hunt and do you think they're underrated? Thanks for reading this long post, by the way!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I've always liked playing as Duck Hunt. I've even almost gotten them into Elite Smash.

I can absolutely understand why they're not so popular in gameplay, but I do think it's kinda weird how they're pretty much the only character in the entire roster with basically no attention in the fanbase...

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I don't play the character, so I don't really have personal experience to speak on. But I'd say they're a little underrated in terms of competitive, and very underrated in terms of general appreciation. I like them a lot despite never really playing as them!

Top Bottom