• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Dixie Possible?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am on team #WhateverItTakes for Dixie. Point blank, I will say that.
I also am on team "I don't know what makes an echo," because honestly Ken and Ryu are as different as Isabelle and Villager.
That aside, I also believe Dixie and Diddy would need to play somewhat similarly, because they would likely feel out of place to not be on a DK stage being able to feel like a pair from the classic DKC2.

If Dixie were given a hair twirl, some prehensile throws, and perhaps another change or two and your determination, how would you feel about Dixie being made into an echo? What would it take for you to think she is properly represented in this way?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
If spirits don't deconfirm fighters, then she definitely has a lot going for her.

An echo would be fine, as long as she's playable :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My main thoughts are:

-Give her a great jump height, with a glide mechanic
-Give her DK's up smash
-Let her throw with her hair
-Replace the peanuts with guns

For me this would just about put her in as herself.

Felancius

Smash Cadet
While she most certainly is possible for the next smash game, she's pretty much deconfirmed by the devs saying that all DLC characters are coming from franchises that aren't on the roster yet. Not to mention I think that Spirits do deconfirm a character due to the fact Fighter Spirits are a thing when you complete Classic Modes.

In short, she's got no chance in Ultimate anymore, but Smash 6 keep your fingers crossed.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
While she most certainly is possible for the next smash game, she's pretty much deconfirmed by the devs saying that all DLC characters are coming from franchises that aren't on the roster yet.
The developers never said that, although it's implied by Joker getting his own spirit board. That probably disconfirms her for the first pass, but that says nothing on whether she can be a bonus DLC character like Piranha Plant or part of a 2nd fighters pass composing of 1st party characters or echoes with less content.
#WhateverItTakes

Not to mention I think that Spirits do deconfirm a character due to the fact Fighter Spirits are a thing when you complete Classic Modes.
Mewtwo and Lucas had pre-existing non fighter trophies in Smash 4. When they were added as DLC they received their own fighter trophies alongside the pre-existing ones.

In short, she's got no chance in Ultimate anymore, but Smash 6 keep your fingers crossed.
Honestly couldn't care less about her getting into Smash 6, where they would cut a bunch of characters. I'd rather have her in Ultimate where every character in the series is here.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am on team #WhateverItTakes for Dixie. Point blank, I will say that.
I also am on team "I don't know what makes an echo," because honestly Ken and Ryu are as different as Isabelle and Villager.
That aside, I also believe Dixie and Diddy would need to play somewhat similarly, because they would likely feel out of place to not be on a DK stage being able to feel like a pair from the classic DKC2.

If Dixie were given a hair twirl, some prehensile throws, and perhaps another change or two and your determination, how would you feel about Dixie being made into an echo? What would it take for you to think she is properly represented in this way?
Me and a lot of people honestly want Dixie as a unique fighter or a semi-clone instead of Echo because if she becomes a Echo, her fate will be similar to Ganondorf and Falco's in where the majority of her moveset will stay clonish forever.

While she most certainly is possible for the next smash game, she's pretty much deconfirmed by the devs saying that all DLC characters are coming from franchises that aren't on the roster yet. Not to mention I think that Spirits do deconfirm a character due to the fact Fighter Spirits are a thing when you complete Classic Modes.

Is that sentence from the VGA Reggie quote? Because if so, you're wrong. He said it in a way that inplied that the characters were never playable in the series before not exactly saying they are all going to be 3rd parties like everybody is misleading that quote to be.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Me and a lot of people honestly want Dixie as a unique fighter or a semi-clone instead of Echo because if she becomes a Echo, her fate will be similar to Ganondorf and Falco's in where the majority of her moveset will stay clonish forever.
I don't think there is much of a notable difference between an echo and a semi clone. As I mentioned above, there really seems to be no clear direction to what that means, thanks to Isabelle being introduced, and then Ken.

Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 I'm excited the Avengers hashtag on here has caught on!

Top Bottom