• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Cloud a good secondary for Ness?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I’ve been using Lucina and Wolf as secondaries but I picked up Cloud today and won about 12 games in a row in quick play. He feels super intuitive to me and he’s a lot of fun. And I’ve been doing well without even knowing his BnB’s which I’m excited to learn. Do you guys think he’ll cover Ness’s weak match ups well?

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
  1. Quickplay doesn't mean much.
  2. Ness typically has problems with swordsmen and Cloud has the disjoints to challenge them being one himself, so it sounds like a safe bet.
  3. If a character feels intuitive and fun... its usually a good idea to try and play them.
  4. You should really be asking a Ness specific question on the Ness board. I imagine Ness mains would know more about the character and could go more in depth.

Kc_SwitchItUp

Smash Rookie
I’ve been using Lucina and Wolf as secondaries but I picked up Cloud today and won about 12 games in a row in quick play. He feels super intuitive to me and he’s a lot of fun. And I’ve been doing well without even knowing his BnB’s which I’m excited to learn. Do you guys think he’ll cover Ness’s weak match ups well?
I am a ness main jigglypuff secondary and I feel that cloud is a good character to use against all of the characters that ness has issues with. Ike would also work well.

Top Bottom