• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is breegull blaster useful at all?

link2702

Smash Champion
It just currently feels kinda useless imo. I know they only just released and all, but I just can’t see any situation where it’s useful.

Normal egg shots travel farther and bounce making em useful as an edge guard tool, and just an annoying projectile opponents have to get around, and we all know how useful eggnade is since it’s an explosive item that can be picked up.

But breegull blaster has shorter range, does less damage (and gets really weaker over time), has a pretty mediocre fire rate ensuring an opponent can easily put their shield up in between shots, and has too long an ending animation when putting Kazooie back in the backpack so that it leaves you open to being punished.

Even the point blank shots are kinda bad, as it knocking opponents up in the air really doesn’t lead into anything.

Right now i can’t see anything about it really useful when normal egg shots and grenade eggs are both safer and more useful overall.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
You can chain about three close range Blaster shots by timing jumps and you can cancel Blaster after the third to land an up-air, leading to up-air strings. It is finnicky, though.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I've found it useful for harassing opponents away from a specific approach/sniping people off ledge.

Pro Tip: If you're in aiming mode, you can grab the ledge to put Kazooie away immediately. It's not something you'll use constantly but a nice reminder of an animation cancel.

JeremiahJUX

Smash Rookie
I've seen clips where they chain Dthrow > Breegull Blaster > full hop > Wonderwing. Don't believe it's true though, but they're definitely using it as a follow up to Dthrow into a jump.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I have found that it's actually pretty good at canceling enemy projectile spam if the projectiles have low durability. An example being that it knocks away Snake's grenades.

Other than that it can be used for some knock up situations at point blank range, which can lead to platform chase scenarios. That said, you probably shouldn't be using it at that range.

Last edited:

WiiRool

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiRool
Switch FC
SW-2514-2416-3131
I sometimes use it to repeatedly shoot eggs to cover above ledge when my opponent is off stage. Maybe forcing a jump if the situation is right.

Top Bottom