• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Brawl dead?

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
fun fact: the largest solo brawl event in 4 years (return to subspace) was just a month and a half ago, at 48 entrants. by comparison, the largest solo 64 event in the past 4 years was let's go, in late april 2017, with 153.

i'd be stunned if brawl could recover from this. the fall from grace is absolutely remarkable

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I'm gonna reiterate this: Brawl will never die.

Why?

Because Brawl matters. Without it, we wouldn't have a stage builder, the majority of mods, Mario fighting Sonic...heck, without it, many people wouldn't even acknowledge the existence of the best RPG ever (please re-release it on Switch, Nintendo, I'm begging you! 再解放スイッチ、任天堂のそれ、私は頼んでいる!)
Sure, stage builders, Sonic, and Lucas were in Smash for Wii U, but they started in Brawl. Also, Lucas was only DLC in 4,
Not only that, but Brawl had quite a lengthy and ambitious story mode that dwarfs the Melee one (probably). Yes, some of the levels were carbon copies of others and that got old, but the cutscenes...dang, man, those cutscenes were lit.
With the second biggest character roster, this game packed more than just a little punch -- if anything, it packed a full-on Kirby Neutral Attack Repeat. While Super Smash Bros. 4 had fan-favorite MegaMan, Brawl had the most Star Fox characters ever at...three. (Hey, that's still more than what 4 had.)
And the stages...dang, I could talk about them all day. Each one of them is unique (not including Melee stages) and each one is awesome (even 75m and Mario Bros.). With classics like Battlefield and Final Destination being unlocked from the start for the very first time, and new stages like Yoshi's Island and New Pork City changing it up from time to time, this game has one of if not THE most diverse stage selection yet (though it could use the Great Cave Offensive).
This was also the first Super Smash Bros. to feature online play (which is very important unless you use Netplay). Now you can battle against anyone provided they have a copy (even after WFC was shut down -- Wiimmfi, anyone?), and you can hone your skills and become the ULTIMATE CHAMPION! (Trust me, there seems to be a lot of noobs over there...no offense, noobs.)
I may be a bit biased because this was my first Smash game all the way back in 2012 (What? I was 7!), but this game is not only the best Super Smash Bros. game ever, but...

This game is the best video game of all time. None have ever beaten it, none ever shall. For none can surpass true perfection, none can surpass true insanity, and none can surpass true speed.

Now how about we port this baby to the best CONSOLE of all time?

Top Bottom