• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is bowser solo viable at top level.

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
I am curious as to what you guys think. I would say yes he is, because his advantage state is really good and he has a great oos. Sure your going to get comboed a lot but you make the damage back in three hits.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm going to say yes. Mainly because, not only is he mid-high tier, but he has had little to no changes since the game's release. He's a really steady character and not much is going to deter someone from being top-level with him. His matchups, while sometimes difficult, are all very beatable if given proper practice and patience.
Bowser's problem in top level play lies in the fact that most top tiers have a winning matchup on him, and almost every top PGR player mains a top tier. Again, they are beatable, but the mere fact that Bowser would constantly have to fight an uphill battle with each major tournament set is what keeps him from winning anything too major, IMO. To be able to win something on the scale of EVO, either Bowser would need a few buffs (stuff like less endlag on flamethrower, better dodge/tech frame data, opponents having less control over flying slam) or his worst matchups would need some nerfs.

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to say yes. Mainly because, not only is he mid-high tier, but he has had little to no changes since the game's release. He's a really steady character and not much is going to deter someone from being top-level with him. His matchups, while sometimes difficult, are all very beatable if given proper practice and patience.
Bowser's problem in top level play lies in the fact that most top tiers have a winning matchup on him, and almost every top PGR player mains a top tier. Again, they are beatable, but the mere fact that Bowser would constantly have to fight an uphill battle with each major tournament set is what keeps him from winning anything too major, IMO. To be able to win something on the scale of EVO, either Bowser would need a few buffs (stuff like less endlag on flamethrower, better dodge/tech frame data, opponents having less control over flying slam) or his worst matchups would need some nerfs.
Is Leon pgr? Yeah I agree its definitely doable but you would have to work way harder to keep up with everyone. I wonder if we will see a bowser win a big event someday.

Last edited:

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
I just hope they don't nerf him. He seems pretty well balanced overall, people complain about his firebreath doing too much damage and that's the only thing I could see them nerfing.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I just hope they don't nerf him. He seems pretty well balanced overall, people complain about his firebreath doing too much damage and that's the only thing I could see them nerfing.
Wellp, here from the future to happily report that they never nerfed him!

LeoN has placed well as solo Bowser throughout all of Ultimate's lifespan. He's a character who can consistently get top 16s, maybe even top 8s. But winning majors with Bowser is hard. He has just a few too many weaknesses, mainly being a big body with bad dodges and rolls.

Top Bottom