• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Bair the Wave?

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
After the latest patch I've had people tell me that Pit's bair is as good of a tool as Mario's bair, and that it could be better than nair for Pit while also being a spacing tool. Do u agree with that? Should I be using rar bair as my go to aerial? I don't like to have my Pit off the ground too much but if I just bair when I would often nair in neutral it could work. Has bair's applications improved?

CoyoteFlavoring

Smash Rookie
From what I've noticed. Yes. If you can consistently dash attack cancel into instant bair it is really good option. Sweet spot kills so early.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Has its applications improved yes does that mean you replace it for neutral air in a lot of situations you would use neutral air in no. Are there some situations where it might be better now sure I would definitely say for landing at least possibly but for the most part the use of the tool hasn't changed it's just that the tool is better at doing its job but you can't just go Willy nilly throwing this move out it still has and unreliable hit box when done rising on a grounded opponent and neutral air is still our fastest aerial startup wise

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
I disagree that it can be used to replace other moves and I think you can spam it when the opponent is at high percentages and get kills faster than the other options.

Why I disagree: FF Fair is a literal wall. It cancels out projectiles like fireball and you still can pressure with it because you can still deal damage with the other hits, Dair has more range, Bair still has some startup and that can be beat by rushdown characters.

Why I agree: Spamming Bair works on Battlefield regardless if the opponent is grounded or on a lower platform. Just make sure you have the good enough percent lead.

Top Bottom