• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone seriously going to main this guy or what?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I plan to Multi-Main and he fits the "odd ball" role well enuff for me. G&W is to jaggy and I don't like Wario's fart humor. . .

PT/ Falco (and maybe Wolf)/ Lucario/ Pitt/ Sonic and R.O.B are all characters I am really looking forward to maining.;)

cc6150

Smash Rookie
Im considering maining him, or maybe olimar or Dedede, or probably a character I end up playing and really liking.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
I don't know, because I have never played Brawl and I won't know until I've tried characters. I do know that he looks sweet and I don't like how everyone is discounting him from the get-go.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Like, what could Robs moveset possibly be? I bet it'll be pretty **** weak. Like, I wanna know, who is really going to main him? He looks weak and I couldnt possibly think of a cool/strong moveset for him.

Like, what pro is going to use this guy? Maybe Azen but he uses everyone. I dunno, he just seems like a Pichu* to me. So I wanna know, who is going to main this new, wierd edition to Brawl?

*a character no one really uses

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
I won't be maining him (I've always primarily used Mario), but I could see picking him up to learn for casual play.

And we don't know yet, he could end up being awesome. I've been intrigued by the idea of him in Smash, especially since Mario Kart DS.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
He looks rather interesting. I'll admit when i saw him as a playable character, it made me furious though he's really grown on me..

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
My reactions learning a character named "R.O.B." is in Brawl:

1) O_O WTF
2) Heh... a robot...
3) He he heh... HA HA HA HA HA! A friggin robot! Awesome! XD

DQP

Smash Ace
oh i'll try him all right. he's going to be very tough to master, i think, but i like that in a character. that's why i mained jigglypuff in melee

exidid

Smash Journeyman
He is the best robot ever! Even better than Dember. I'm so going to sub main him!

Still... Peach owns.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I main ROB now.

When we first unlocked him (we didn't know about the 35 character roster as we had been avoiding the internet knowing we were getting an import copy and didn't want to spoil anything) I was surprised and dissapointed at first. However, after we played around with him, I thought they did a good job animating him in a way that gave him a robotic personality and he seemed pretty fun to watch (his side step is hilarious). His moveset turned out to be pretty entertaining too.

So, after cycling between about 8 characters, with ROB being one of them, trying to decide who I felt most comfortable with, I began to notice that ROB was gelling very well with my playstyle, and I won more often with him than most other characters (second most common was Olimar, but eventually I decided he was just a bit too complex for me to main this early and I hated being edge hogged when playing as him).

Thus I've been maining ROB for the past 4 days and plan to continue doing so, with Mario and Luigi as secondaries.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
R.O.B.'s move set:

B: laser= the less you use it the stronger and longer it becomes. its aimable and bounces off hills.

up B: booster jets= possibly the best up B in the game. it lasts about 5 seconds and you can stop, attack, and continue using it.

side B: spin attack= he spins his arms really fast. the more you tap B, the longer the attack lasts

down B: gyroscope= throws a top that stays in one spot until it falls. chargeable. only one top per ROB on stage. the ROB that threw it can also pick it up, unless it was reflected.

Final Smash: death ray= a laser tornado comes out of his eyes, causing massive combo damage. at random times it does a short super laser that sends the opponent flying. you can attack normally while using the final smash.

the attack names are not official, but thats what I think the names are...and yes this is real, not made up...

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I might, he's definately being considered, but I still have to see if I like how he plays

Top Bottom