• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone playing the game handheld?

Dan

Smash Lord
I mean, it's such a big part of the console; are you refusing because it'll mess with your control muscle memory?

Last edited:

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
I actually played on 3DS, so handheld may actually be my primary control method (however, Joy-Cons are pretty bad IMO so that may change).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My gamecube adaptor hasn't arrived yet, so I'm just using Joycons for now. Switching between Handheld and docked. Honestly prefer playing in Handheld probably due to less input lag.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Sadly im in a student room and theres only one TV and the rest of the people keep watching series and news so i am mostly stuck with it on handheld.

But i must say, im surprised this little thing can actually play the game so well. Even my roommates who usually plays Playstation and care about graphics are pretty impressed and are planning to buy Switch and Smash later on in the year, so yeah, a little bit more salary for Nintendo, thank me yay:3

Last edited:

Ragnorok_Kitty

Smash Rookie
I was but switched to a wired pro controller. I might end up getting a mayflash adapter or a wireless GC controller tho

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I play in handheld mode, I don't have a TV to play on and personally I just love portable gaming so I really enjoy this way of playing. ^^

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I play most of my games on the switch as a handheld, beats sitting in front of the tv

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I'm really impressed with the handheld graphics, obviously it doesn't look as good but everything is still sharp and I haven't seen any lag even in 8 player smash

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
I work up to 14 hours a day walking, running, pushing, pulling and just lugging my large behind under the Florida weather...I play my Switch games in handheld mode because I want to be a big piece of flab on my bed, and Ultimate is no exception. Lawl.

Your God John

Smash Rookie
I'm a handheld boy atm. It's pretty difficult at times depending on how I hold it. Literally can't play on my back without my wrist getting tired.

I may have to go to a controller at some point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have only used handheld mode when I was either out of the house or having to clean stuff (listening to the Smashing songs is an excellent way to enjoy cleaning)

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm a handheld boy atm. It's pretty difficult at times depending on how I hold it. Literally can't play on my back without my wrist getting tired.

I may have to go to a controller at some point.
Lay on your back, stand the Switch on its kickstand on your chest, support your head with some pillows, detach the Joy-Cons and hold them on your side... this actually sounds pretty epic haha; I may have to try it!

OmegaLurker

Smash Rookie
NNID
charlou8808
Switch FC
SW 1879 7171 9109
I do playing handheld a lot ! Because I can being on my computer and playing my switch at the same time, but I agree the TV mode is way more comfy

Frost Ace

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frost Ace
Depends. I don't like playing with Joycons because it feels awkward, but since Im still unlocking characters i'll usually play with them while laying in bed. If i'm playing online, I wont chance it. Switches bad wifi + awkward handheld control? No thanks.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I play it on handheld when I'm on break, and on console when I'm at home. The Gamecube controller is the best way to play, but using the double Joycons isn't so bad if you bring along the controller adapter.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I haven't played it in handheld yet (I ****ing hate how quickly my Switch's battery dies on me in that mode), but I did take the Switch out of the docket to make a ****ton of Miis.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I play handheld because I don’t have a choice 99% of the time. There are three TVs in my house, but I only have access to one TV on a consistent basis, and it has massive input delay.

MinorLeagueJohn

Smash Rookie
I commute via bus to and from work so being able to Smash on the go is a luxury. At home I'll dock it and use a Pro controller and it really doesn't throw me off too bad, maybe for a match or two.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Handheld is my primary way of playing. I only dock when I'm playing locally. Mostly because i have a garbo TV that cuts off the edge of the screen. Just enough to be annoying. I can't see how many stocks people have left.

Top Bottom