• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone here?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i'm not even a zelda main but i post more than the zelda mains here. that's how you know the zelda boards are dead.

gijn

Smash Cadet
i'm too busy in the lab to check :p btw potential new tech, reverseMWstickywalk to jump cancel reverse dins fire works pretty good. dins fire hitbox stays on top of zelda and has 4 frames of end lag. plus momentum shift and shizzle. Still working out spacing for it

gijn

Smash Cadet
^ Can you elaborate on that? Especially the inputs and timing
Yeah sure basically you

1. reverse moonwalk e.g press left then press right then go back to left without going through the centre of the stick (reverse moonwalk). [ this should be pretty quick the first left to right movement should be similar timing to a pivot or quick dashdance] [ the moonwalk is imo is pretty easy just have to make sure you get fully horizontal with the stick otherwise she hardly moves ,its quick but make sure you hold left at the end for the momentum to kick in]

2. then hold right at about 5 o'clock (you should see the sticky walk come out) watch the zelda take 1 step forward then full jump [I use the X button] and snap your stick left while holding B and she should move with the dins fire constantly on top of her. make sure you release B just before you hit the ground otherwise the dins will keep moving without you

You can be pretty vulnerable if you get caught as you initially press sideB so spacing is key I've been testing it out as a pseudo tech chase and after I get an early bair and they are too hard to grab

I'll make a video later tonight of it

EDIT: http://youtu.be/qFFKDmXRc64 here's me spamming it on FD did it pretty quickly and I dunno how good the quality is lol [The nicest one is probably at the 16 second mark]. There's some videos on twitch.tv/gijn of me doing it in matches but you'll have to look through the stream don't have exact times and on twitch.tv/dignitaslumpy there's a melee vid on highlight that has it at some point and a naryus bounce to dins is in there also.

I'm helping TO and at a tourney on saturday so might get some vids there and I'm going beast in January

Last edited:

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Nice stuff, i'll see if i can incorporate it into my style.

EDIT

Been playing around with it for a while, not sure what the benefit of this is against just forward short hopping a dins fire, it also ends up on top of you normally. Same end lag and everything, other than complicated starting motions im not seeing where this is different. I guess as a mindgame because the startup movement is ambiguous?

Last edited:

gijn

Smash Cadet
Nice stuff, i'll see if i can incorporate it into my style.

EDIT

Been playing around with it for a while, not sure what the benefit of this is against just forward short hopping a dins fire, it also ends up on top of you normally. Same end lag and everything, other than complicated starting motions im not seeing where this is different. I guess as a mindgame because the startup movement is ambiguous?
yeah and you can bair or reverse naryus out of the sticky walk instead of dins firing it's just a part of my mix up. sticky walk really helps space them kicks

Top Bottom