• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone else really hoping for Subspace Emissary 2?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
OK i just beat SSE today, and I loved it. I am hoping if a Smash 4 comes out, there will be a Sequel to Subspace with it, and if not, maybe a stand alone game.

Im going to play through this many more times, I can tell you that. And the final boss is extremley cool.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
I didn't like SSE too much. The last level was kinda fun, I'm not sure whether I liked the fact that it was non-linear or that it lacked the side-scrolling gimmick more.

Betaz

Smash Ace
>.> I actually would kind of like a stand alone SSE...you know show the backstory behind the final boss maybe implement some new things...overall if they made it longer (I mean alot longer) It would be a great platformer game.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
I want a remake :D

I'm on my second run-through of SSE ^_^

I'm getting the cutscenes I didn't get, such as Mario beats Kirby (I did Kirby beats Mario before), all the Peach ones (I saved Zelda before), and beating Meta Knight with Lucario (I did the opposite last time)

Shezarr

Smash Rookie
I didn't care for it all that much. Until I got to the great maze my whole strategy was 'move to right until you get to the end'. Would have been much more interesting with some puzzle elements. I both liked and hated the great maze. I hated it because it took hours to find all the stupid characters and bosses and beat them. However; I did like the fact that you had to kind of look around for a change. You couldn't just keep going one direction until you beat the stage. I kept dying over and over in the great maze, until I figured out you can just go to the saving spot and reselect your characters to get back ones you've lost/heal yourself...stupid me.

Personally, I think it would be a better idea if they had like a completely different adventure for each character you chose to play with. Though, that might have taken them forever to do. >.<

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Bottom line for me: The Subspace Emissary had a fairly interesting story and very very, VERY beautiful cutscenes. The problem is the gameplay itself. A sidescrolling version of the main fighting game is actually quite boring and repetitive. Sure they tried to make it different with obstacles every now and then, but overall it was still the same. It felt pretty empty having the story that it did. I appreciate the effort, don't get me wrong, and I recognize it. Like when they try to get the player involved in the cutscenes, a la the Porky statue chasing down Lucas, but there's only so much they can do with that.

I personally wouldn't like to see a Subspace Emissary pt. 2 in SSB4 knowing that it will take up room instead of more characters filling in. I know that the SSE is part of what makes the game great - wether people realize it, deny it or not - by giving it more diversity and an adventure mode that was made to be sort of seperate from the Brawl modes, but like I said, they tried, but they didn't really succeed.

If they want to make a Subspace Emissary pt. 2, they should make a SSE adventure game. I would like to see a smaller version of this come back in the next sequel to the SSB franchise, but I wouldn't want it to be so big that it takes up unecessary room when other players, stages, items, etc. can be included in the game. At the end of the day, people will be playing the Brawl modes (which suffered a lack of extra content because of SSE) and not the SSE.

I think it was fine for Nintendo/Sakurai and his team to try this out, but now that they did, they should realize that while it's fun, it's completely unecessary. They removed playable characters from the game, items, and even music!

I wouldn't mind seeing SSE pt. 2, just not at the cost of losing content from the main Brawl modes.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
SSE was boring. I didnt even wanna play threw it just to get most of the characters. But if they ever had a second one..i hope they make it NOT BORING.

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
i would totally agree with a sse part 2 if the levels were character specific. obsitcals only certain characters could over come (fox actuallly needing his shine to beat raqueza). differnt storys for each person. and more depth to the story instead of explaining only some of the characters/conflicts in trophys.

also on a side note i would like more than 5 break the targets and race2finish/boardplatforms back

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im personally waiting for Nintendo to finally make a KH like game with S/E for my Nintendo series cross over goodness. SSE was ok but the gameplay wasn't a good transition from the main game (Pick Snake and Down Smash. . .beats anything) and the characters had to be super slowed down. (I was shocked to play as Diddy for the first time and see that he was a slow pok only to find that he was fast in normal fighting)

And who ever made that maze should be slapped with a dead fish! Wasted 4-6+ hours of my life on that crap. . . wouldn't minded if it wasn't soo unfun and crappy.

And I think there was too much focus on the Kriby characters as well.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I would like another SSE if the levels are more based off the actual games the characters are from and not all these typical forest, desert, cave, etc, type levels. I also would like each level to have enemies from the characters' games, rather than a bunch of generic enemies over and over again. Imagine a Mushroom Kingdom level like the one in the adventure mode in Melee, only longer and better. Or, how about a Kid Icarus level filled with grim reapers and eggplant wizards?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm not. I was sick of SSE about half way through it. All the enemies are really generic and there's no strategy for the bosses except to hit them until they die. It reminds me of those oldschool beat 'em ups.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
No. Why? Tabuu. I don't want another one
why, was he hard? or too easy? i found him to easy. i don't know why. i completely *Missed the battle* I think the reason was that i had 2 hotheads rotating on the stage, and one got huge. Last i checked before tabuu went to go burn in fire fead by infinates amounts of gasoline, his life was still a good chunk.

BUT YAY SEQUAL! TABUUS REVENGE!!!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I personally wouldn't like to see a Subspace Emissary pt. 2 in SSB4 knowing that it will take up room instead of more characters filling in.
They removed playable characters from the game, items, and even music!

I wouldn't mind seeing SSE pt. 2, just not at the cost of losing content from the main Brawl modes.
Something tells me you have no idea how a video game is made. The team that works on the characters is a completely seperate team than the ones working on items, stages or music. Nothing was cut from this game to make room for SSE. Nothing.

DroxSorcerer

Smash Cadet
Unless it takes place before Brawl's, showing the origin of Tabuu, then no. The ending was great and it doesn't need to be ruined by a sequel.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I enjoyed Subspace. I also think they could've elaborated more on Tabuu. Seriously, who the hell is he? MH's crazy alcoholic father or something?

AlphaSparda

Smash Rookie
I didn't really like Subspace too much. It took me a little under 7 hours on Normal and I think it was just was too repetitive. The only part I actually enjoyed was the Final Maze, I thought it was very unique in the sense that you have to actually FIND each of the characters and battle them before fighting Tabuu. (Who the heck is this guy anyways?)

NKCell

Smash Cadet
If they were to do another SSE, I would hope that they would cut down on the side scrolling aspects and focus more on the cinematics and boss battles. Those are really why people are playing that portion anyway, and the fighting mechanics didn't really translate well to a side scrolling adventure.

I'd also like to see, like someone already mentioned, more things taken from the series. More bosses that are from Nintendo franchises (I mean, 1/3 were created for SSE. But imagine how awesome it would be to fight Metal Gear REX with Link or Ike), more stages that are from Nintendo franchises and more levels that have unique gameplay (say, an entire flying or "gliding" level with Metaknight and Pit as a team).

And, I have to say, the Great Maze was irritating. It would have been better had they not recycled all the levels, but instead it just tacked on an extra hour or so of gameplay for no real reason.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yeah, there should be another SSE. But the last level should be original rather than a combination of recycled levels.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Loved it.

I know alot of people didn't for many reasons, but I like that it made you use everyone, you don't just pick a character and beat it with them.

The Great Maze was gay though lol.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
SSE is an elaborate trick, you THINK you liked it, you THINK yo had fun, but just lemme say a few things.

Those little ball dudes that would freeze you all the time
the Floows that constantly regain health then do that screaming thing.
Those fish with the moustches and the swords who would laugh when they came out.
Greap, grrrr.
Armtanks, especially when you have to fight 2, how time consuming.
Mites, nuff said.
Buckots, they drop a never ending supply of explosives on you.

And so on, god the SSE enemies were annoying, it was fun, sorta, but I wouldnt put myself through that again.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
No. They could come up with something even better next time!

I enjoyed it though. I just wish there was an ending scene.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a sequel in the next smash, if there is one. But a stand alone game....it was good, but not that good.

rove

Smash Apprentice
It would be nice, but I would like more enemys and the last level to just not be as gay as the maze.

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
whatever happens SSE2 needs better level design and more clever boss battles. it seemed too much like a kirby game with the bomb blocks and the launchers.

Top Bottom