• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is ANTIFA (and all the things it does) a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
In my opinion, no. All they do is simply attack and burn, and do other bad stuff over minor disagreements while also defending minorities yet doing nothing about them because their membership is 99% caucasian. Speaking of caucasian people, they want all of them to die and/or mass genocide them. Everyone has freedom of speech but ANTIFA is clearly against that as well as religion.

link2702

Smash Champion
and you've come to this conclusion from where? Based on what conservative media propaganda sources that have a large history of lying have told you, and a narcissistic racist president who constantly encourages his supporters to perform acts of violence against any who oppose him, as well as frequently lying himself?

For the record, Antifa has not driving a car into peaceful protesters and killed someone. Nor have they threated trump cultists at gunpoint, or worse, even shot a few of them, who don't praise their cult leader. These are all things trump supporters HAVE done, and yet they get swept under the rug and ignored by the likes of Faux News, breitbart and all the other BS propaganda sources out there, while trying to claim that antifa is some large terrorist organization/hate group.

Wake up, the conservative propaganda machine has brainwashed you.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So I think we should revise this topic a bit. Activism is potentially the only way people can enact change. Even Flanders asking Homer to return his rake may lead to not having to go buy another one but sometimes you just have to buy it anyway.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Depends on how you do it. If you're violent, it's not gonna make people want to help your cause.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My parents (who both now have COVID despite believing it’s a hoax) never owned guns and, despite supporting the 2nd, never owned guns. However, they both purchased several firearms and my dad installed bulletproof windows in their larger bay windows. Why? In fear that Antifa while send in hired goons to shoot up and torch suburban communities.

Antifa and Soros are the boogeymen of the leaders and talkingheads on the right who are constantly brought up to fuel fear, anger, and hysteria. Guaranteed, mention them in any sentence and it’s sure to get a 100% return. My family (who I do love and I hope my parents and grandma can pull through this) gave into hysteria and misinformation, peddled by fearnongers like Tucker and Levin, against an entity that isn’t even dangerous.

In my opinion, no. All they do is simply attack and burn, and do other bad stuff over minor disagreements while also defending minorities yet doing nothing about them because their membership is 99% caucasian. Speaking of caucasian people, they want all of them to die and/or mass genocide them. Everyone has freedom of speech but ANTIFA is clearly against that as well as religion.
So, do you support the white genocide theory? The bolded indicates that you do but I want to make sure. White genocide theory is crackpot territory that makes front page news on Dailystormer

Depends on how you do it. If you're violent, it's not gonna make people want to help your cause.
At this point, America is so divided and set in thier own individual values that no one who was initially against will be for what Antifa or BLM represents ... just as much as you could change someone’s mind, who was against Trump, to support things like the Million (or shall I say 4,000) MAGA March. The era of changing people’s minds and civil discourse as a nation is all but gone.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The white genocide theory is a conspiracy theory brought on by stormfront and endorsed by some right-wing politicians. Of course, it's bull****.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
and you've come to this conclusion from where? Based on what conservative media propaganda sources that have a large history of lying have told you, and a narcissistic racist president who constantly encourages his supporters to perform acts of violence against any who oppose him, as well as frequently lying himself?
Funny, because there have been Trump events and rallies going for months, and we haven't burnt down a city once.

For the record, Antifa has not driving a car into peaceful protesters and killed someone. Nor have they threated trump cultists at gunpoint, or worse, even shot a few of them, who don't praise their cult leader. These are all things trump supporters HAVE done, and yet they get swept under the rug and ignored by the likes of Faux News, breitbart and all the other BS propaganda sources out there, while trying to claim that antifa is some large terrorist organization/hate group.

Also, might want to actually watch the video and listen to the eyewitnesses in Kenosha, because it was your terrorist buddies who shot first, and VIDEO EVIDENCE demonstrates that.

Yep, totally just propaganda. Nothing to see here.

1607246606707.png

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
i am also against the system of fascism as it sees to be a dangerous system of government and gives one man too much power, this can be seen with the results of instances such as what happened with Mussolini or Hitler (from which I believe the term fascism had originated), at the same time it seems like they're not even arguing about fascism sometimes but other things, and it feels also like they're kind of extremist with their ideals leaning towards instances of violence or being against freedom of speech

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
You would first have to quantify what Antifa even is. It doesn't seem to be organized nor does it seem to have any centralized leadership or structured goals. At most, it seems like a vague banner of "anti-fascism" that pretty much anyone can adopt. There's no member screening or even any real rules as to what an Antifa member is supposed to look like. So what you have is essentially a very vague and loose mob that doesn't seem to work with each other or have any centralized views or planning.

Which makes answering whether it is a "good" thing or not rather difficult as there is wildly differing groups and activities under this banner. Some seem to engage in anti-social behavior (violence, riots), some seem to engage in activism or journalism (exposing Neonazis in the police force), and some just seem to be along for the ride. And a lot seem to be using as some sort of status symbol and not actually engaging in anything on any real level.

So...it depends?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
What Antifa is depends on who you ask.
Some say it's an evil organization.
Others say it's a collective mind.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

You do know that nowadays media is much more left than right right? I mean Blm extremists that burned down Buildings where praised by 90% of the Media if anything the Brainwashing seems to be reversed!

And yes i was violently pushed against a wall by Police while they screamed at me and im still not saying that all police is evil!

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
You do know that nowadays media is much more left than right right? I mean Blm extremists that burned down Buildings where praised by 90% of the Media if anything the Brainwashing seems to be reversed!

And yes i was violently pushed against a wall by Police while they screamed at me and im still not saying that all police is evil!
BLM extremist burning down building? Could you elaborate?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
in 2020 a lot of Black lives Matter Extremists burned down (or atleast tried) to burn down buildings or other things
No they didn't. The FBI, Trump's FBI concluded that they could not link the BLM movement to the arsons. What you are looking at are opportunists who use the cover of people protesting in large gathering to start chaos.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
No they didn't. The FBI, Trump's FBI concluded that they could not link the BLM movement to the arsons. What you are looking at are opportunists who use the cover of people protesting in large gathering to start chaos.
Still the media did support these people!
But yeah i guess they where just people angry because of corona!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Still the media did support these people!
But yeah i guess they where just people angry because of corona!
COVID is certainly a factor in the protests that took place last year and into 2021 but don’t muddle that for the real reason they took/are taking place. I know English isn’t your strong suit due to being from Germany so perhaps I misunderstood your original intent but it sounds like you are attributing the case of the riots solely to COVID frustration. If this is the case, then you are showing a profound lack of understanding in this issue and undermines your credibility to discuss it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom