• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Smash Ready To Explode!

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Not that i know of mike, i havent seen them in ages.

I have melee, tho i suggest bring a mem card because ive never played the game before.

Falco- no problem xiang has weekends off and i go to work about 1 pm so we got you covered sukka.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
i can try to host a tourney up here. do u guys want smash or brawl tourny?ill be at the tourney. me and jkr gonna take teams
Dustin said we could hold one at his house maybe Brawl.

Also Nova's right Destructive Laughter is going to win it.

Xiang

Smash Rookie
And like he said, I have weekends off. Basically, anyone and everyone is welcome to come for Smash as long as you arrive and leave between 10:30 P.M. Friday and 2:00 P.M. Monday. :D

In any case, we have two TVs and can hook up whatever on whatever.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
I know alot of people play melee, im not opposed to learning the game. Falco, did you wiikey come yet? If you need help installing it, ive done it before so i can for sure help you out.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
So should anyone bother to bring Melee stuff? On one hand, I'd rather play only Brawl, bu on the other it seems like you have only one Brawl set-up, and a lot of people coming, making Brawl hard to play. I think we'll arrive around noon if that's alright with you...

I'm 17, my brother is 15, my friends are 15 and 17 as well. We live in Iowa City. What time should we show up? On Saturday I mean...

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
i don't think im coming saturday after all cuz my friend. But I will talk to him and see about sunday since him and I have the day of sorry guys :// my chip did come adn the game. One of my friends soldered it wrong so now were doing the wire method. anyways we are most likely coming sunday if we do. can't guarantee that either my friends have been so moody lately.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
roads are fine here. Sorry to hear that you arnt coming Falco. I will be gone all day sunday because i work but xiang will be around. Anyone who wants to show up tommorow noon should be a good time. Just gimme a call before you come 717 379 7422

Xiang

Smash Rookie
Does anyone got a capture device so we can put vids online.
Not direct capture devices, but I do have a digital camcorder, so I can just set up a table so it won't move at all. I have surround-sound which we can turn up to drown out a little bit of the chatter and hear the game. I'll put them on Youtube afterwards.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
The chatter is good :D The game music is less important. We'll be there Funked, and since KF isn't, there'll be more space, which is good I guess. And @Echo, I'm already registered on the Rankings as Algid, if that matters.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Enjoy ^^;

Yeah the wii key is destroyed. dang.

The guy wasn't able to do the soldering job. On another thought I might get another one, have someone else do it. But 1st I need to find a compatible mod chip for my wii. (no idea how to go about that) and find someone who can do the job. FUN

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man, that was great. Olimar is incredible, and Peach isn't. I found a new main.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
it was fun playing brawl with u guys and nice meeting the CF peeps.we should have a brawl fest again sometime.funked thank u for housing us.

WOLF AND ROB FTW

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yeah I had a great time playing Brawl with you guys. Thanks for having us over, maybe we can do something like this again sometime.
Pit is too good.

Xiang

Smash Rookie
I was the tall reddish/blonde-haired guy with the goatee/mustache.

Hella fun times last night. I did get a good chunk of the games from our mini-tourney capped and am working on transferring them to my comp. I'll get them up on Youtube later tonight. Unfortunately, I don't know who is who on the boards either, so I'm just going to put up people's names in the post with the vids. Just let me know which one is you and I'll edit the post later.

Expect them here in a few hours. :)

Funked

Smash Apprentice
lots of fun this weekend i really liked meeting everyone! hopefully we can have monthly gatherings or bi weekly things.

Henry: good stuff man, i have fun playing melee with you. I hope you were getting into brawl a little more by the end of the night.

Chris - Nice to meet you, Pit is juice, im sure we will play again

Jon - It was awesome to see you again bro! it had been so long. You know you are welcome in iowa anytime. You can sleep in my bed next time!

Richie - Soul Mates. 'Nuff Said.

Iowa City kids - Sorry i didnt get to play you guys to much, Im sure we will play again.

Everyone - Sorry if i offended you. I dont sugar coat my personality for anyone.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
i should of gone with Chris but i had no sleep the night before to much Resident Evil T.T
then i heard Henry was going sorry Nova we could have practice some tags in Brawl or Melee
well maybe next time if that's okay with u Funked

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we missed the fun stuff since Tucker and Razzi (the kid obsessed with smash balls) wanted to go home. I'm guessing today was the better day, correct?

I was the Olimar guy who was on a crazy winning streak :p

Xiang

Smash Rookie
Yea, whenever you guys want to play just let us know and we'll set something up. It's lucky that we live so close since there's usually not a lot of comp in Iowa.

And I have the vids from last night all portioned out and whatnot but Youtube is being really gay right now and not letting me upload anything. I got two uploaded and then it just stopped letting me. We'll try again tomorrow and see if it'll let me put the rest up.

Top Bottom