• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Soran

Smash Ace
STAR OCEAN IS AWESOME!!!! I love til the end of time. My favorite JRPG!!!

except it dragged on and I never finished it. Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 are actually my favorite JRPGs. But Star Ocean 'til the End of Time is a very close second. Phantasy Star Online 2 is just my RPG in general.

I like talking about games! : D I was really thinking about buying FFVII but then I'm like, dude, this game is ugly : P and I already know the game pretty much. On top of that I'm super suck at JRPGs. I'm pretty sure I'm playing SO3 on easiest level and I play Persona on beginner xD
If I was gonna play a FF game, it would be VI. Because I hear that was is smangin'.

BPx

Smash Lord
joker, any potential dates for your next tourney? averil said he'd want to come towards the last week of august. also i'm off tues/weds, games?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
joker, any potential dates for your next tourney? averil said he'd want to come towards the last week of august. also i'm off tues/weds, games?
Yeah I was going to have one on August since July was just too busy but I should be able to do one either the last week or the week before the end of August I'll have to double check with some people first <(^.^<)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wait I'm late on this. FFXIII-3!?

Good god...

Also at least XII resembles a game. Albeit a pretty easily broken one. Though it shares the same traits as XIII as a narrow hallway simulator. I like XII because its an Ivalice game and the international version honestly fixes some of its problems. However its got too many things I dislike for me to really call it a "good" game.

FFV...the last Final Fantasy to leave out being completely morbid. Its a light-hearted adventure with a great class system and the mechanics are nice.

FF9 is my favorite, then FF6...FFX and FFX-2....Yeah those games have a class of their own. Probably the last FF games I really got into. Since then they haven't really been the same.

Also we still play KoF. If enough people are into it it will be at Joker's this weekend.

Soran

Smash Ace
I bought my computer for only $900 INCLUDING OS ; D

Plus shipping / : and peripherals.

I'm buying a monitor and speakers later.

I have a temporary monitor and a headset for now. Though, speakers might be very very last because I will probably mostly use the headset.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Square finally went and did it, Versus XIII is apparently no more. I have mixed feelings on this. If the game had released it would never have lived up to the hype and mystery around it since its been 6 freakin years and dont think it would have been "worth the wait" by now. But on the other side I was actually looking forward to this much more than any of the other 3 XIIIs. How could Square **** up soooo bad on a whole generation? Their handling of FF is just a bad ****ing joke.

Soran

Smash Ace
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Video: MSI GTX560-Ti 448
Power: Rosewill Green 630W
Case: Thermaltake Dokker Mid-Tower
HDD: 500GB 7200RPM
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB)
Optical: ASUS DVD Burner

MY FINAL COMPUTER BUILD! I actually bought it.

Who all is going to be playing Persona 4 Arena? I preordered it for $47.99 ; D

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm living in Ankeny and would definitely be up for playing people in the area (des moines and possibly ames or whatever is decently close). Me and about 6 of my friends are really big into melee and we could use any extra practice we can get. I'm kind of a noob, but have decent tech skill, know the movesets pretty well, decent DI, working on my grab game and trying to get to the point where I can actually utilize wavedashing in game. been watching tourney and how to videos for about a year now and trying to improve my skill.

edit: I'm free pretty much all monday and friday evenings

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Square finally went and did it, Versus XIII is apparently no more. I have mixed feelings on this. If the game had released it would never have lived up to the hype and mystery around it since its been 6 freakin years and dont think it would have been "worth the wait" by now. But on the other side I was actually looking forward to this much more than any of the other 3 XIIIs. How could Square **** up soooo bad on a whole generation? Their handling of FF is just a bad ****ing joke.
Pretty much.

Let's see how this FFXIV 2.0 business goes.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey! I'm living in Ankeny and would definitely be up for playing people in the area (des moines and possibly ames or whatever is decently close). Me and about 6 of my friends are really big into melee and we could use any extra practice we can get. I'm kind of a noob, but have decent tech skill, know the movesets pretty well, decent DI, working on my grab game and trying to get to the point where I can actually utilize wavedashing in game. been watching tourney and how to videos for about a year now and trying to improve my skill.

edit: I'm free pretty much all monday and friday evenings
Unfortunately no one around here plays Melee much anymore. I'm always up for it and Joker plays sometimes but other than that it doesn't happen much. If you ever wanna hit me up to play though you can text/call me (numbers on first post) or send me a PM on here since I don't check this thread very often.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't remember any hype from yalls, but my tournament has been moved to Sunday the 5th instead of Saturday the 4th and to my parents instead of Dans, so if this makes it harder/easier I am sorry/happy.

BPx

Smash Lord
joker have you been able to set your date for the tourney yet? i want to take work off(and try to get MO/MN/IL to come out :D)

BPx

Smash Lord
big ol smashfest tomorrow/today at joker's

featuring:
sekou and mara?
skizm
thugz
grinnell?
joker
AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY OTHERS

BPx

Smash Lord
WHAM DOUBLE POST

holy **** this is cool

www.virtualpiano.net

(uax) f h k (xy) C (vt)
(pyz) d G j (zt) x (Cr)
(tk) o (dk) s (fk) G (sfhk) j z G I a S d G k
(ex) u (ax) p (sx) d (psx) z v (ql) t i o p s g s g h j l
(f0) r u a (fo) G (h8) w G (fu) (d9) e y f d (a5) 9 w e r y
(f0) r u a (fo) G (h8) w G (hu) (j9) e y h (jy) (k5) 9 w e r y
(f0) r u a (fo) G (h8) w G (fu) (d9) e y f d (a5) 9 w e
(or) p (au8) w (aut) w (aur) w (a9) p d (ot6) o I y (u8) w t u o s f u o s f h
(ej) u p a (sx) f (hjx) t (iz) o (pl) s (whk) y o p (av) d (vx0) r u I o

------------------------------------
lj lklk h
h xz lklk h
lj lklk h
jjg jhjh s

http://4chanarchive.org/brchive/dspl_thread.php5?thread_id=90736568&x=Virtualpiano+Songs

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Joker, how do I team with Snake?

I'm teaming with Stockfield in NC in like 3 weeks. I know I should try and d-throw into all of his moves and he should also try and d-throw into my d-smash, but is there anything I don't know because I suck at doubles and never play them.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
WHAM DOUBLE POST

holy **** this is cool

www.virtualpiano.net

(uax) f h k (xy) C (vt)
(pyz) d G j (zt) x (Cr)
(tk) o (dk) s (fk) G (sfhk) j z G I a S d G k
(ex) u (ax) p (sx) d (psx) z v (ql) t i o p s g s g h j l
(f0) r u a (fo) G (h8) w G (fu) (d9) e y f d (a5) 9 w e r y
(f0) r u a (fo) G (h8) w G (hu) (j9) e y h (jy) (k5) 9 w e r y
(f0) r u a (fo) G (h8) w G (fu) (d9) e y f d (a5) 9 w e
(or) p (au8) w (aut) w (aur) w (a9) p d (ot6) o I y (u8) w t u o s f u o s f h
(ej) u p a (sx) f (hjx) t (iz) o (pl) s (whk) y o p (av) d (vx0) r u I o

------------------------------------
lj lklk h
h xz lklk h
lj lklk h
jjg jhjh s

http://4chanarchive.org/brchive/dspl_thread.php5?thread_id=90736568&x=Virtualpiano+Songs
Nice!!! Me like!!

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Would people be able to do games tonight I would drive down to jokers place or we can have games at my new place in ames if you guys wanna drive up here. I'll try and check the forums later but if you can and wanna do games shoot me a text 5156819945

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I could take the Megabus to the tourney on the 25th but it wouldn't get in until 12:35, would I still be good for entering the tourney and could anyone pick me up at the bus station and bring me back that night after the tourney (bus leaves 12:30am)?

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
The bus stop is like 10-15 mins away from jokers house so im pretty sure someone would be able to pick you up/take you back.

Sin242

Smash Cadet
yoshQ and I are considering going, gonna contact the rest of minnesota and see if we can get a carpool. Its only a few hours so its highly likely

Cook

Smash Master
Hey guys, long time, no pal! There's gonna be some Stl! Unless I get some kinda stupid job that prevents it, but that's very unlikely!

Top Bottom