• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
I lol'd

@Zyroqua: I'll bring your stuff next time I go to Ames also I'll start bringing my PS3 so we can play some Mahvel >.0
What no gahhhh he's going to rub off the UPC and drain the battery on my pad and get everything all grubby and sticky by the time I'd get it back (if ever). :(

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What no gahhhh he's going to rub off the UPC and drain the battery on my pad and get everything all grubby and sticky by the time I'd get it back (if ever). :(
Last post: 2011

Post before that: 2008

<.< >.>

Not stalking I swear.

Kuares

Pizza
Last post: 2011

Post before that: 2008
She's got "Post's by Kuares" on Bookmark, so she's stalking me actually. I remember the 2011 occasion tho ;3

Sorry Joker for not being able to stay for you, got lots more homework to do. Next week I'll definitely bring over the pad though. Just remember Forcystus and all that other stuff.

BPx

Smash Lord
Is MN showing up to this one?

I have other plans for the 5th, but if OoS make it i could make it probably.
i talked to yoshq yesterday and i think they have 1 car full possibly working on a second? not sure.

btw project m demo 2 is gr8. lucario so strong! wario is booty but his back air is cute :3

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
For someone who hasn't posted often (ever), she sure has put a lot of thought in her post appearance. <3

I like that avatar. I think you and Twink would get along well. lolololol

/still has no srk avatar.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: It appears that I'm going to be in DSM around 4 pm today. I'll stop by to play some brawl if you are up for it. Let me know, I think Dustin and Brandon want to show up also, so if you don't have Marvel plans let us know. Cause we will show up.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
For someone who hasn't posted often (ever), she sure has put a lot of thought in her post appearance. <3

I like that avatar. I think you and Twink would get along well. lolololol

/still has no srk avatar.
Why ty~ (To use Pocket Fighter Dante's pretty tempting though.)

Kuares' posts been checked on a semi-annual basis ever since he went to FlavaFlav's, but in this case I just wanted to know about my stick and that.

resTy

Smash Champion
Kint doesn't even know my name. Calling me Flav like it's 2007...

Unless there's another person who named them self after the great one as well.

EDIT: After reading that post a 2nd time, it is def. another person :/

PortCity

Smash Ace
josh and i are taking doubles

:bee:
I won't be able to show up until about 8, so doubles is a no go for me, however when I DO show up, save a set for Bpow and I. Considering it won't be in tourney, you and Yosh will prolly leave with a little extra money, but I'm quite sure you won't leave with your pride :-D

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to show up until about 8, so doubles is a no go for me, however when I DO show up, save a set for Bpow and I. Considering it won't be in tourney, you and Yosh will prolly leave with a little extra money, but I'm quite sure you won't leave with your pride :-D
The callout?

Soran

Smash Ace
Interesting....

did you guys know, Miyano Mamoru is the voice actor of Light Yagami AND Setsuna F. Seiei?
Brad Swaile is also the voice actor of Light Yagami and Setsuna F. Seiei...

I was watching Death Note in sub for the first time and noticed Mamoru's voice :3
So I then came up with this stunning conclusion!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Also relevant ^.^

If I'm not mistaken this was the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSR_TFMirs#t=0m8s

Then Jam Project did a cover of it which is the one we where listening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7oOxUBbYQ&feature=related

Personally I liked both.

Also this is the anime I keep telling you about
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
But most people refer to it as anohana cause is shorter <(^.^<)

Kuares

Pizza
What's everyone's thoughts on P:M so far? Personally, I think it's ass.
The melee people on campus(minus Victor who'd have nothing to do with Brawl) like it because "It looks different". They loved the whole 64 stages thing, and liked rediscovering their Low tier Melee characters who they could actually do things with. They're on a casual level so they love their meteors, which one guy just couldn't stop spamming with Wario.

Lucario is tough, and my Fox is bad just like in Melee. Ike is also bad, which seeing as it's day 1 stuff isn't looking out to well for him.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Diss abahhaad Gayme.

The melee people on campus(minus Victor who'd have nothing to do with Brawl) like it because "It looks different". They loved the whole 64 stages thing, and liked rediscovering their Low tier Melee characters who they could actually do things with. They're on a casual level so they love their meteors, which one guy just couldn't stop spamming with Wario.

Lucario is tough, and my Fox is bad just like in Melee. Ike is also bad, which seeing as it's day 1 stuff isn't looking out to well for him.
I mean, it's mindless fun, but people outside of JBM and myself are taking it seriously. Like, Dan and Bobby are practicing against each other, and David and Nims are running rampant with Falco.

I want an updated version with better ledge detection and less stupid quirks.

The new animations on smash moves are pretty well done, but I hate what they did to TL and Wario.

§chizm

Smash Lord
It's alright I guess, everything still feels really awkward though. I don't really enjoy playing any of the new characters other than Snake/Lucario (only because he feels closer to a FG character). I don't like what they did to Zelda with her fair/bair, Peach feels fairly similar but I'd rather just play her in Melee. I can barely play the game for longer than 10 minutes anyway because for some reason the way the camera follows the characters makes me nauseous.

There are Melee people in Ames?

Kuares

Pizza
I'm not going to play it seriously until they actually make a finished version. So don't expect me to drop anything for it.

Melee people live in Barton, same place as where v2k lives. There's a decent group of like 6 or so who play but that's not saying they're good.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm not going to play it seriously until they actually make a finished version. So don't expect me to drop anything for it.

Melee people live in Barton, same place as where v2k lives. There's a decent group of like 6 or so who play but that's not saying they're good.

Ohhhh it's probably the same dudes that played at that smashfest Victor had there forever ago.
If you guys ever fire it up when I'm in Ames I'd probably be able to play, I'm still awful so it wouldn't matter. Any chance I can get to play Melee is good to me.

Kuares

Pizza
The one thing that really anoys me actually is Upsmash out of shield(of course I complain about this). Every time I try it, a JC grab goes out.

Let's side tourney it, all the Brawl pro's will love it.

Top Bottom