• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BPx

Smash Lord
Soran, don't worry about it... I went over to Joker's a lot over break, and his Marth is pretty good. I was worried you were going to make a comeback on bfield, haha.

Soran

Smash Ace
I felt like I had good moves. But I just wasn't thinking / :
I mean, the night before I warmed up my tricks so I had a good hold on my controller yesterday. My mind was just somewhere else. BPOW, man... you got so good though. I remember when I first met you at animeIowa. Trying to falco it up. Now you got that Warioware. Mad props, man.

I wasn't prepared against MegaRobMan either.. I was like, o.o... wolf.... *stomped*

GGz all.

p.s. Melee is the stank! (never playing melee again)

and YOSHQ is mah homeboy.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: Here are some unofficial results.

Singles:

1) Cook (Split)
1) Fino (Split)
3) Nicole

Doubles:

1) Joker/PCity
2) Fino/4rce
3) YoshiQ/Moe
4) Nappy/???

Joker will probably upload the bracket and such later. I'm not gonna lie though. Joker and I had to get it together after YoshiQ and Moe put us into losers...cause they 2 - 0'd us pretty easily.

Kuares

Pizza
Glad you guys had a good time.

I wasn't prepared against MegaRobMan either.. I was like, o.o... wolf.... *stomped*

p.s. Melee is the stank! (never playing melee again)
I still need to fight Megarobman :)

And you should have known that Melee'rs were going to rock your sock after that time at my house.

MJG

Smash Hero
@4rce04:
@MJG: You were right, apparently 4rce didn't mean the stuff, so I'm glad I edited my post. Tell Fino, I have nothing against him. We are all grown ups. He just shouldn't disrespect people like that, no matter who they are. He is a great player with more tournament wins than I will ever have, it is just inappropriate for him to do that stuff. Tell him, that when he trashed talked me back, he kinda fueled the fire and I went overboard. and MJG we both know I'm not "free" at least not in teams :-D . Hope all is cool between everyone now.
I agree 100%. MJG is dead bro.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Trash talk is trash... talk ; P

curse my ego >.<
I got cocky REAL big in my set against.. EMNZ(spellcheck?)
Why did I go FD against Pit? *sigh* then my second match- I was just stupid.

My results are depressing :c

anyway, next time I'll bring it out harder.
I'm sorry to Twink for not brawling him xD
I realized after I got done with Gamegenie I just forgot Twink wanted some matches.
you showed up? i'm glad I didn't see you

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
To anyone who says I don't suck at this and any game I play (sans Star Fox 64, Chu Chu Rocket). I don't believe you. Good s***, me. Stay free.

Besides that, I had fun like I always do. O_O I didn't come up to Joker and thank him for hosting the tourney, so thanks a whole bunch for bringing the scene back in a hype tourney with so many different players. And dealing with Sam and his all 'round negative attitude.

In my typical fashion, I didn't play (m)any friendlies, I really only play if someone asks. Sorry, it's just how I handle tourneys usually. And besides, who wants to play a scrub like me, anyway?

Really, after this one, I'm not really sure if SRK will be back, they hate it there- just the whole Smash thing (Don't worry, they're jealous of you, I know it). So that might be the last time you have to deal with our bull****. I know it must be hard as a TO to deal with that. Zach and Curtis will be back for Marvel but as for anyone else it's up in the air.

I hope to see all of Iowa at Kuares' Tourney in two weeks time. Hopefully, Eastern Iowa (and myself) won't disappoint.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Wish me and CBK didn't have such a hard bracket in doubles, guess 5th is okay though. All the games were really close, ggs to all, especially joker and port and fino and 4rce. Feel like we played really well, especially in beating nappy and amaze. CBK, nice teaming, you were an amazing partner.
I'll post more shootouts in the results thread, ggs to all I played in singles too.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Wish me and CBK didn't have such a hard bracket in doubles, guess 5th is okay though. All the games were really close, ggs to all, especially joker and port and fino and 4rce. Feel like we played really well, especially in beating nappy and amaze. CBK, nice teaming, you were an amazing partner.
I'll post more shootouts in the results thread, ggs to all I played in singles too.
This is the results thread, son.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
To anyone who says I don't suck at this and any game I play (sans Star Fox 64, Chu Chu Rocket). I don't believe you. Good s***, me. Stay free.

Besides that, I had fun like I always do. O_O I didn't come up to Joker and thank him for hosting the tourney, so thanks a whole bunch for bringing the scene back in a hype tourney with so many different players. And dealing with Sam and his all 'round negative attitude.

In my typical fashion, I didn't play (m)any friendlies, I really only play if someone asks. Sorry, it's just how I handle tourneys usually. And besides, who wants to play a scrub like me, anyway?

Really, after this one, I'm not really sure if SRK will be back, they hate it there- just the whole Smash thing (Don't worry, they're jealous of you, I know it). So that might be the last time you have to deal with our bull****. I know it must be hard as a TO to deal with that. Zach and Curtis will be back for Marvel but as for anyone else it's up in the air.

I hope to see all of Iowa at Kuares' Tourney in two weeks time. Hopefully, Eastern Iowa (and myself) won't disappoint.
You know SF players man, they crap on games that's not theirs.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Too many things to say about this tourney, had fun hope everyone comes back next month.

Most sad I didn't get to play Melty, or even play Scarlet in TvC again.

Everyone who trash talks deserves some humbling regardless. People are bound to get big egos when all they do is circlejerk and make conceited comparisons. Whatever, thats how all gaming communities are in some way. I don't really care, thats why I quit taking Brawl seriously a long time ago.

Next tourney I'll be ready for Marvel.

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah, thanks for doing doubles with me, Blank. We were doing pretty well, just couldn't play in the clutch I guess... You were dead from that fart, Joker >:(

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I might've held you back in doubles, but I don't regret letting Sekou and Joker go on. It made for a more entertaining night anyways.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Shoutouts (maybe more when results get uploaded):

Josh - fun game round 1 winners... heart breaker the second set. I got lucky, but looking forward to seeing whether or not it was a fluke next time we play :)

Jai - tough break man. Couple pieces of advice... 1 - don't lie to your parents, especially when you're that young. 2 - don't ask me to lie to your parents... -_-''

Austin - welcome back mang =] FD against climbers?!? what were you thinking? @.@

Huy - great teamin with ya, we should think about goin at it again. Next time we should have no johns ;o. Sucks I had to play you in losers... especially since asking joker to specifically put us on opp sides of the brackets ended up putting me in a position to lose round 1 winners, lmao. We got bracket trolled so hard XD

Christian - great tournament, had a lot of fun. Most rigorous bracket ever for an oli main... but I appreciate the philosophy behind random seeding. Ended up working how it's supposed to (kinda lol). Idk what it is... we go back and forth too much, haha.

Kjell - stay free baby :3

Nicole - the matches we had were so stressful on me... I literally went out to puke when they were done @.@ the thing that bothers me is I know you have a history of playing worse when you're mad, and you seemed mad when we played. I don't want to think about playing you in bracket where you having a good day <.< like... ****. hahaha
Good games though... If I went ICs I would've lost forsure.

Sekou - I know of a few other people (like some from Mn that came and some from Ks) that feel the same as what was said before in the thread. I have no personal opinion about your skill or style or w/e, what matters to me is someone's ability to win (which you showed quite well).
I read what you posted earlier and wanted to apologize - nothing personal was meant. When you said it made you uncomfortable I stopped. I'm used to hanging out with people who say ****a a lot, as well has frequently hear it in music, tv, vids, not to mention hearing it a lot in gaming communities. I wasn't trying to come off as demeaning or anything along those lines, it's just something (seemingly) normal in my environment. I apologize if it seemed that way or was taken that way. I'm kinda bad at this haha, but I do respect you so I felt it was needed. I just want trash talk to end so we can be chill.
About that post... I have no idea what I was talkin' about, lmao. I'm notoriously BAD in teams... and have only recently been doing well in the past couple months.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Speaking of results, is there gonna be a thread for it? I'd like to see them, but some people think there won't be one. I think there should be...and usually is if I remember correctly.
Just easier to organize things/do shootouts that way.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
Tmacc u were awesome..^_^v it was great partnering with you as well even tho we had absolutely no friendlys throughout the whole tourny...we did have a tough bracket but we still placed 5th haha just shows how well IA and MO work together...LOL

i would do shoutouts but im just to lazy right now ill do em later..but as of now GG's to everyone and GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!

Uli

Smash Champion
Fun tourny. it was good seeing everyone again. ill post melee results in the results thread or something if it happends? IronHand, JBM, and Mexi split top 3 in melee if anyone is interested.

i really dont see why they come or what they are expecting. its a smash tourny lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Fino: I have no problem accepting your apology. Next time we play, I'll give you the regular PG rated version of my trash talk (the tame stuff I gave you when we first met :-) ) ... not the rated R stuff everyone heard last night. In all honestly, you didn't deserve all that. I should have just let my playing speak for itself.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I still need to fight Megarobman :)
Didn't we play a round at Brainshock?

Wish me and CBK didn't have such a hard bracket in double
Doubles is really hard to seed because people who seem like bad scrubs in singles can be amazing in doubles. Also, these guys are right, this is the thread.

am i doin' it rite, MegaRobMan?
There's a difference between trolling and being annoying. Trolling would be like "Nappy you look like BPX" or "Tyser looks like Kain". It's okay, now that you've met your calling you can get better at it and be a pro troll like me some day.

all i have to say is that it was nice seeing everybody again, enough said
I'm just glad to know you are a real person and not just one of Tysers troll accounts.

oh I'm also the best melee shiek behind the entire state of Nebraska
Fixed.
Are you paying attention still, Soran?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Tournament Results.

First off make a result threat pff what you think this is an actual tourney XD

So cereal.
I will like to thank everyone that came and made the return of my monthlies a success, it was nice seeing everyone again specially those that I haven't seen for a while. More shoutouts laterz >.0

1: Dirdy D / 515 / DMI (Joker / PortCity):snake::diddy:
2: Fulltiltbrawler.net (Fino / Fource):olimar::diddy:
3: Fino Is a Douche. (YoshQ / Moe):luigi2::metaknight:
4: Minnesota's Finest (Amanze / Nappy)
5: I Hate My Teammate (Nicole / Cook)
5: Team 69 (CBK / TMACC)
7: RRR / Breezy
7: QWOP (Brandon / Greg)
9: Twink / Mook
9: Wang / Spoge

1: Cook:olimar:
1: Fino:olimar:
3: Nicole:peach:
4: Nappy:snake:
5: Brezzy:falco::ganondorf:
5: YoshQ:luigi2:
7: TMACC:dedede:
7: Joker:snake:
9: Rob
9: Amarze
9: Moe
9: Fource
13: Mushroomring
13: Ironhand
13: BPOW
13: Silver
17: JBM
17: Gamegenie
17: Mook
17: Zeal
17: Triple R
17: Soran
17: Trent
17: Ndrl
25: Aura
25: Ngamer3k
25: Hills
25: Twink
25: Rockstar
25: Wang

PortCity

Smash Ace
Joker/PCity: Not bad teaming with you. We should do it again someday :)... I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad you were able to maintain your composure through out the Grand Finals. Sometimes even my team mates find my trash talk distracting :), so kudos to you. As you can see, hehehehe, when we play friendlies, you recieve the lvl 10 pichu version of my trash talk. I'll make sure I keep it that way :-D

Fino/4rce: GG

YoshQ/Moe: You guys gave me a very tough time. I was forced to play slow, campy and that is not my style. Moe, you are the only MK that has ever consistently hit me with Shuttle Loop. I'm still trying to figure out your secret :-\. YoshQ, your Luigi is patient, deadly, and gave me all kinds of trouble. You guys should come down to visit, I need the practice.

Nappy/Amanze: We had a nice set. Nappy, you may not remember this, but you put me into losers bracket like a year ago in one of the few singles events I have entered. I had to get a little revenge this go round :). You both were really good and I enjoyed the matches. If you guys want to run Pit & Snake, Pit can't camp. He has to stay medium range and close to Snake. My lil bro plays Pit and ...when Joker and him teamed up they were most effective when doing that strategy.

TMacc/CBK: I hate playing friends in tourney! You guys did have a tough bracket, but did really well. TMacc your DDD is nice. Keep working on him! CBK are you our new MK main in Iowa? :) We do need one, but I think we will miss your pikachu too much.

BPow/Blank: Bpx...whoever is teaching you how to play teams is doing a really good job. Keep listening to him. :) Blank, have fun in florida. If you goto Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, the name of the place to go play Brawl/Marvel/SF/ all kinda of fighters is "Zero Ping".

Twink/Mook: Nice seeing you guys again. You guys are one of the few teams that tried to implement platform canceling during our matches...good stuff...hopefully I'll be doing it regularly by the next time you see me :)

Wang/Spoge: Keep practicing, you guys will get the hang of things!

Cook/Nicole: Nice seeing you guys and playing with you. We will get some more matches in next time.

Rockstar: Nice playing doubles with you. I like your Snake and Ness. You and Yink had some interesting looking matches.

Yink: Please stop making Diddy vs Ness so difficult. You are going to single handedly change that match up forever :-\...oh yeah...and stay soft :)

Reese/Greg: The Dirty-D fan club, LOL! DMI = Dirty Money Island! Thanks for all the moral support :) I guess Joker and I are putting DSM on the map :) hahaha...check this mad ignant video out.... 50 cent to the first person who can tell me where this was film at with respect to Joker's location :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pzuuEneUzg

Nebraska Crew: Great seeing you guys again. LOL...next time I decide to trash talk like that someone bring a camera...I guess I'm one of the few people who can offer commentary of their own match while playing it :)

Tony: Nice seeing you again.

Gamegenie: Nice seeing you again to.

BPx

Smash Lord
50 cent to the first person who can tell me where this was film at with respect to Joker's location http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pzuuEneUzg
isn't that the old shutdown building you turn off of hickman to get to joker's?
it looks the same...

"nappy you look like bpx" didn't know this was trolling... -.- sometime we'll have to do a serious set , loser has to cut their hair. this will fix all problems. although, i'm still too bad to put my mop on the line.

Top Bottom