• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iOS app: smash curated videos

nojohns.ios.app

Smash Rookie
Hi! I used to be a casual Smash player but now I just watch matches and/or highlights.

Recently I started to learn iOS programming and I thought to myself that I could create an app to watch videos from reddit.com/r/smashbros. I've just finished the first version and I submitted a mvp(minimum viable product) of this ideia to App Store.

This version lists the /hot videos. The video on top auto-plays "in-list". You can watch the video on landscape by rotating it. Additionally you can share the video and open the video's comments page.

The app is totally free and I think that any smasher can enjoy it!

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/qHTX2

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/no-johns-curated-newest-videos/id1083765068?mt=8

ps: It's the first version. There are plenty of features to add and things to enhance (and probably bugs), looking forward to receive feedback :) Anyone willing to be a beta tester and have access to dev releases just need to send an email to nojohns.ios.app@gmail.com with the App Store email account

Last edited:

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
Hi! I used to be a casual Smash player but now I just watch matches and/or highlights.

Recently I started to learn iOS programming and I thought to myself that I could create an app to watch videos from reddit.com/r/smashbros. I've just finished the first version and I submitted a mvp(minimum viable product) of this ideia to App Store.

This version lists the /hot videos. The video on top auto-plays "in-list". You can watch the video on landscape by rotating it. Additionally you can share the video and open the video's comments page.

The app is totally free and I think that any smasher can enjoy it!
WOW! I just saw this on the app store the other day... I am going to download it now...

Top Bottom