• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Invisible Ceiling Glitch

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Luigi's Invisible Ceiling Glitch

I found a glitch with Luigi that I'm guessing works the same way the spiking occurs when a hit-box goes through a shield. I finally got footage of every aspect I need to cover. It works by WD'ing a certain speed with a hit-box out to hit a shield. If the opponent does an attack OoS then knock-back will always hit you into the invisible ceiling. Your wavedash speed needs to be around the same speed as your Cyclone at full tilt, since it works with this move as well.
You can hold a direction as soon as your attack hits their shield to time the DI of the OoS counter-attack and press L or R as the move hits you to land the tech. I'm assuming it works against just about every up-B OoS and every up-smash OoS though I'm still testing it out with others in the roster.

I've seen the ICG work on Fox's u-smash, Samus's up-B, Rest, Puff's u-smash, Dolphin Slash, Falco's u-smash, Both Shines, and maybe a few more.

Hitting the ceiling is a matter of how fast you were going prior to hitting their shield. Faster speed also gives you the advantage of hitting the ceiling faster for a hastier tech on the ground. The opponent CAN slow you down with jabs or weak hits.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm pretty sure you could get frame advantage against Fox's up-smash to squeeze in a Shoryuken.

Here is a video with a few scenarios of what I'm ranting about. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LHq...DvjVQa1PpcFNvp9CE7qAYUTxrvCpJ1BzxMbI6Uo1JVKg=

-2:37
-2:51
-9:34
-14:30

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome, I've gotten the glitch twice on FD but we dismissed it as absolute luck. But knowing how do to this is possibly the best way to troll people while weegy is at kill %.
Solid contribution vudujin. Luigi meta game **** right here.

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
Years ago (like 2006-2007 time). When I played with a buddy of mine (C 3), the ICG happened to him a lot. The most common times was when he got hit by marth or roy's counter. Also, since I maimed Mario back then, it happened a lot when I would n-air oos, or up-smash oos. I may be able to dig up some old vids of it happening.

Also, that falling through the stage glitch on PS happened during 2 of the matches

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I've seen it a lot with Roy's counter, and a few times with Mario. I think Roy's counter abuses a different physical aspect than Luigi's. I wish I had a debug mode for this so I could look deeper into it.

unknown522

Some guy
Aww. If you had one, you could burn a copy with AR (it replaces tournament mode). Also you can have c-stick in single player (that includes BTT, MMM, HRC, and training mode).

I love it

luigi6572

Smash Rookie
wait excuse this but i dont understand what the invisible ceiling glitch actually is. is it the ceiling you die doesn't actually exist for luigi or what? explain please

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Watch the video at the parts I noted. When the Fox hits me out of shield it seems as though the Luigi hits an invisible ceiling just above the characters heads.

It's just a clutch way to stay alive and it works as a semi-safe way to approach.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Thanks for the clips, Vist. If any of you Luigi's out there discover more about this please don't hesitate to post. I wanna see someone get the ICG > Neutral tech > COMBO!!!. It's like the nair for OoS attacks.
DI'ing straight down and teching in place gives you the highest frame advantage.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I kind of want to change my avatar ro Vudu's and Vist's but it would only be funny if the number of people who visited the Luigi boards were in at least double digits.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool if the number of people who PLAYED Luigi were in the double digits. The current meta forces players to instinctively choose between 5 characters.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Not on the ceiling itself but you can on the ground. The distance between you and the ceiling will generally be a little bit above Luigi's head and the ground level.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Do you know how long the effect lasts after you hit their shield? I was thinking about how speed plays a part in this, and I think it could explain why it happens vs. Marth's counter some of the time. From THIS example, I figure that the speed boost gained from Falco's dash attack (the same speed boost that is evident in boost grabs) made him moving fast enough that the counter got ICGed. If someone could test other dash attacks (Sheik's should work since her boost grab is so good) it'd be interesting to see. I also remember counter ICGing me when I do Falco's <100% ledge attack since he gets quite the speed boost during that as well.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
If you WD f-tilt Fox's shield, the Fox has a tiny frame window where he could hit you just before your f-tilt animation finishes and your speed is low enough to get no ICG. So as far as effect length goes, it lasts as long as your movement stays up to speed.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Heh, my first time on the Luigi boards =).

The ceiling glitch happens to me on average like twice per match against good players who are quick enough out of shield. Also, because the people I play with know that Luigi's ICG-window is crazy long for whatever reason, and they can easily kill me with it.
Armada's said it's a totally broken way to kill Luigi when we play tournament matches. I WD and upsmash his shield, and he quickly nairs me out of shield -> I die at the bottom of the stage.

Basically, you have to hit someone's shield (or Marth's/Roy's counter or something similar), and then get hit quickly before the effect wears off. Luigi for some reason has an unusually long window of getting hit.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Basically, you have to hit someone's shield (or Marth's/Roy's counter or something similar), and then get hit quickly before the effect wears off. Luigi for some reason has an unusually long window of getting hit.
Thank you, I see the invisible ceiling glitch all the time and I never understood how it worked.

Vega$

Smash Rookie
Slight hesitation makes this glitch hilarious. Having a keen eye and always reminding that shields are for ******* helps understand a reason.

Top Bottom