• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Investigation - Your character's hardest Match Up?

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Hi. This is an investigation that I made because of curiousity. I got the idea from SuSa, who made an investigation on what was each character's most important match up to learn, whom I PM'd and asked if I could do this investigation. I was allowed to.

Basically, the rules for this investigation is exactly the same as SuSa's, except for the fact that you, in this investigation, are allowed to vote in as many Character Boards as you want to.

I'm posting this investigation in every Character Board on Smashboards. The purpose of this investigation is to figure out what character is one character's hardest. You may discuss it in this thread before you vote.

When you vote, you simply say one particular character you find the hardest for the character in question. But it is your first vote that matters. Whenever I see people have voted in this thread, I edit and write the name of the person that voted and then the character the person voted for.

If you have any question, ask it.

OK, let's get started!

Sonic The Hedgehawg - Olimar
Fuujin - Mr. Game & Watch
KayLo! - Olimar
-Mars- - Mr. Game & Watch
AyatoK26 - Mr. Game & Watch

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Olimar and Game and Watch
and Snake and MK.
They're all pretty much match ups you won't be winning unless your opponent makes major mistakes.
I'll say GnW is the hardest though.
Most GnW players don't really need to even try to **** Zelda.

At least with Snake and MK it can be a little tricky approaching her, and she can actually attempt to use Din's Fire in those match ups.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
and Snake and MK.
They're all pretty much match ups you won't be winning unless your opponent makes major mistakes.
I'll say GnW is the hardest though.
Most GnW players don't really need to even try to **** Zelda.

At least with Snake and MK it can be a little tricky approaching her, and she can actually attempt to use Din's Fire in those match ups.
Olimar is worse than game and watch for zelda on almost every stage and BOTH are way worse than snake or MK.

MK and Snake are just better than Zelda, but, with game and watch and Olimar, you don't actually need to be great to beat a great zelda, just competent.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Olimar is worse than game and watch for zelda on almost every stage and BOTH are way worse than snake or MK.

MK and Snake are just better than Zelda, but, with game and watch and Olimar, you don't actually need to be great to beat a great zelda, just competent.
Lol this is true with most of the cast, its Zelda were talking.

Almost the entire roster just doenst need to approach her.
Mk and Snake may not destroy her as fast as GnW but they do it just as easily with the right playstyle.

I'm not sure why you think she has much better match ups on them.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I agree with Sonic that Olimar at least is in a different tier of difficulty than Snake and MK. Not sure about G&W since I haven't seriously played a good one, but MK/Snake don't seem quite as hard as Oli to me.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter in practice since they're all hard as ****, but for the purpose of this poll.... I can see where he's coming from.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Omg GnW is hard do not play or your hair will fall out due to stress!!!

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
With G&W, you are forced to approach with Zelda unless you like a Bucket full of ownage to the face. At least with Olimar, you can use Din as an option and somewhat reflect the Pikmin.

MK and Snake are overall good chars but they don't particularly counter Zelda like Oli and GW does.

My vote for Zelda's hardest matchup is G&W. (Most of my knowledge and experience come from online battles so my opinion may not matter much. Just thought I'd contribute.)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
With G&W, you are forced to approach with Zelda unless you like a Bucket full of ownage to the face. At least with Olimar, you can use Din as an option and somewhat reflect the Pikmin.

MK and Snake are overall good chars but they don't particularly counter Zelda like Oli and GW does.

My vote for Zelda's hardest matchup is G&W. (Most of my knowledge and experience come from online battles so my opinion may not matter much. Just thought I'd contribute.)
IRL pretty much everyone can dodge your Din's so that's hardly something to base the matchup on. However, at certain ranges, Din's > Pikmin. But, also, w/ G&W you can try to bait him into using his bucket with a Din's even if he doesn't have time to get it out. Sometimes greed of a bucket charge causes a din's-hit when a sidestep could have easily dodged it.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Olimar and Meta Knight are hard as hell for me.

Though I never run into Olimars... On another note, I am constantly playing Meta Knights and I still haven't learned the gist of the matchup.

Snake doesn't seem too hard for me. It's my favorite matchup to play with Zelda. Typically, I play G&Ws with Peach (along with Olimars) so, I don't know what it's like to play a serious match with a G&W as Zelda.

EDIT: No wait, I lied. I play Pwii's G&W all the time with Zelda. It's gay. That's why I go Peach haha

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Olimar and Meta Knight are hard as hell for me.

Though I never run into Olimars... On another note, I am constantly playing Meta Knights and I still haven't learned the gist of the matchup.

Snake doesn't seem too hard for me. It's my favorite matchup to play with Zelda. Typically, I play G&Ws with Peach (along with Olimars) so, I don't know what it's like to play a serious match with a G&W as Zelda.

EDIT: No wait, I lied. I play Pwii's G&W all the time with Zelda. It's gay. That's why I go Peach haha
You're not playing a good Snake if you like that match up.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's not true. I play Squall and other Snakes, and I love the matchup. It's hard, but it's fun as hell imo.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
You guys must have a definition of fun that is somewhat along the lines of "Get all of my already limited options completely shut down and hope my opponent leaves himself wide open consecutively enough for me to attack".

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Or maybe they just enjoy the matchup?

I enjoy Sheik-MK even though it's hard.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
You're not playing a good Snake if you like that match up.
Nay, sir.

I can enjoy the matchup no matter how hard it is. Maybe you're not that good of a Zelda. ;)

EDIT: just read your assumption of my definition of fun. The snake matchup really is not that hard. You sure do like exaggerating.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You guys must have a definition of fun that is somewhat along the lines of "Get all of my already limited options completely shut down and hope my opponent leaves himself wide open consecutively enough for me to attack".
if you think that SNAKE shuts down all of Zelda's options, I'd hate to see you play against her harder matchups.

Snake is a fun matchup as zelda. If it weren't for his massive strength and weight advantage on us, I'd win it way more often than I'd lose it.

The biggest problem I have with snake is how unforgiving the matchup is if you make a mistake: he can kill you from quite low damage.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
if you think that SNAKE shuts down all of Zelda's options, I'd hate to see you play against her harder matchups.

Snake is a fun matchup as zelda. If it weren't for his massive strength and weight advantage on us, I'd win it way more often than I'd lose it.
I concur.

Not to mention, I'd rather play this matchup with Zelda over Peach (my secondary) because I don't have to worry about not staling my only kill move (Peach has to make sure she keeps her Fair fresh up until 150 -__-). Both Zelda and Peach have a 70/30 with Snake (Snake's favor).

With Zelda, it's easier because I don't struggle with killing like I do with any other character I use. Snakes a big target so I find it relatively easier to kill him with Fair and Bair.

If you ask me, the only reason why Snake "*****" the matchup or w/e is because he kills Zelda at like...2 lol. Zelda's a glass cannon but if you practice the Snake matchup, it teaches you how to be safer and abuse the cannon part of Zelda and not actually shatter like glass. It's hard but if you play it safe, it's very winnable. Especially when you get Snake off stage. IT IS SOOO FUN :awesome:.

That's just how I feel. I guess another factor in how I feel about the Snake matchup is that I just..enjoy it. I don't enjoy the MK matchup so, I fail at it haha.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
IRL pretty much everyone can dodge your Din's so that's hardly something to base the matchup on. However, at certain ranges, Din's > Pikmin. But, also, w/ G&W you can try to bait him into using his bucket with a Din's even if he doesn't have time to get it out. Sometimes greed of a bucket charge causes a din's-hit when a sidestep could have easily dodged it.
Din's is avoidable, true. But with GW, it's then turned against you. That's why I believe this is her hardest matchup.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
If you ask me, the only reason why Snake "*****" the matchup or w/e is because he kills Zelda at like...2 lol.
grenades aside, cause Zelda sucks when everyone camps, Snake also ***** Zelda cause she can't safely poke at him w/ anything. his godly hitboxs reach just as far as hers do, dying early is just icing on the cake.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I concur.

Not to mention, I'd rather play this matchup with Zelda over Peach (my secondary) because I don't have to worry about not staling my only kill move (Peach has to make sure she keeps her Fair fresh up until 150 -__-). Both Zelda and Peach have a 70/30 with Snake (Snake's favor).

Snake doesnt have a 7-3 on Peach XD. Just a slight disadvantage (4-6). She does MUCH better than Zelda.

But honestly, Snake isn't nearly that bad as the others (GW Olimar LOL, dunno about MK) imo. It's still bad though. Sheik/Zelda does pretty decent though.

:052:

Top Bottom