• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Investigation - Your character's hardest Match Up?

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Hi. This is an investigation that I made because of curiousity. I got the idea from SuSa, who made an investigation on what was each character's most important match up to learn, whom I PM'd and asked if I could do this investigation. I was allowed to.

Basically, the rules for this investigation is exactly the same as SuSa's, except for the fact that you, in this investigation, are allowed to vote in as many Character Boards as you want to.

I'm posting this investigation in every Character Board on Smashboards. The purpose of this investigation is to figure out what character is one character's hardest. You may discuss it in this thread before you vote.

When you vote, you simply say one particular character you find the hardest for the character in question. But it is your first vote that matters. Whenever I see people have voted in this thread, I edit and write the name of the person that voted and then the character the person voted for.

If you have any question, ask it.

OK, let's get started!

Sol Diviner - Diddy Kong
ccst - Meta Knight
Cubone - King Dedede
sneakytako - King Dedede
Relovutionary1804 - King Dedede
Silhouette - Meta Knight
LeishaChu - King Dedede

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My vote (personally) goes to Diddy. I've yet to find a way around his annoying banana antics, and the fact that the only Diddy players I Brawl with are via wi-fi, it makes learning to deal with them that much harder for me. Blah! XP

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Dedede.

Really don't see where ROBs get that MK is so terrible anymore...
D3 is my vote.

The reason why I dreaded the MK MU is that he not only doesn't lose in any situation, but he DESTROYS us when he has control of the stage while we're in the air. Seriously he ***** us when hes waiting for us to land or airdodge harder than any char imo. But when I realized the key was to avoid these situations and outplay him when/where the MU is even, everything became a lot easier from that point on. But I can see how people can think this MU is unwinnable, because in alot of situations it really is.

But the D3 MU is ******** imo. There is no way to approach him, and he actually has a decent off-the-stage game, which leaves us not a whole lot of areas to camp. He's like the IC's MU that's impossible to separate, and has a decent off-the-stage game/recovery. Camping all game is not fun, and really not fun when your opponent punishes you really hard for small stuff.

Sold the diddy MU is very simple. You need to learn how diddys constantly throw bananas by realizing how they catch bananas. As soon as they pull a banana that's a free laser if your not out of position. When they glide toss a banana at your shield toward you, they will jump and catch that banana if another banana is not close. When they go for that banana jump with them and challenge them for it. If they insta-throw learn the timing and catch it with fair and hit them. If they z-drop and fair/airdodge space away and shield whatever they do. The thing about bananas is that if they are too close to you they lose to your shield options because they lose the option of grabbing, which is the option that beats shield. Force them to do stuff up close and grab them when they get too close. Dash attack can be shield grabbed. If you can focus on that then the rest of the game will come easy. There are a lot of times when you can gimp diddy, learn to read his side-b and don't let him grab the edge with up-b.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@sneakytako: That bit of info helps. I'll be sure to take that to heart. I'll also try watching R.O.B. vs. Diddy matches as well to get some pointers from there to. Thanks.

Bees!

Smash Ace
My 3 hardest are MUs are
D3
Sheik
Falco

Sheik is impossible. She has frames on us in everything and juggles the crap out of us. Is waay toooo fast to camp and gets in on everything because of her speed.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
MK when they know the matchup, D3 if he counterpicks a stage like delfino but normally I just hate snake he doesnt die at 150% from a fsmash and comes back and kills me at $130 with a fn DASH attack wtf....
Down here in Adelaide I find Apollo's ZSS impossible but thats just coz he's too good.

Top Bottom