• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introductions

SUNGJINN

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
JINN#285
Hi all,

I go by Sung Jin, or Jinn for short, and am from Colorado. I just joined SmashBoards despite playing various SSB games for years (mainly Melee and Ultimate). I just very recently decided to hop on the Slippi hype train, because I have a special love for Melee, despite the fact that none of my IRL smash friends particularly care to play it anymore. I played a ton of SSBM casually with competitive rules back in 2013, but wanted to start getting back into it and actually improving. While Slippi has been amazing and fun due to the fact that I can now casually hop online and play games against strangers to scratch the Melee itch I've been having, the lack of ranked has been making the process a bit difficult as the skill gap between myself and opponents can be rather large. I'd love to find new people who are looking to find a new sparring partner, and I'm also open to learning any tips and tricks and working on tech as well, since not only am I rusty, but I only have a few of the basics down as well.

Outside of Smash I enjoy playing and streaming games like LoL, Valorant, and WoW, but my main hobby and interest is electronic music in particular as I DJ and am working on producing.

I'd really like to dive into the SSBM community though, because I have always had a liking of the community, but never really quite knew how to access it outside of following a lot of the top 100 players on Twitter. I'm really hoping to be able to make some great connections with other smashers (Melee and Ultimate players alike), and continue to grow and improve my game over time.

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
Hi! Welcome to the boards. I believe there is a discord server for new melee players. Newbie netplay its also a tournament but the discord is really good. I hope you make good friends in this community! You can ignore this but ha beat you too it Doc Monocle

Last edited:

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Hello Sun Jin and welcome to Smash Boards.

I do hope you have a good time here and I look forward to seeing your post on here.

I also do hope you have a wonderful night and God bless.

Top Bottom