• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

introduction + a question

verbose

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
verb#571
Hi, I'm verbose, but I'll try to be brief in my introduction.

I've loved smash bros since I was very young but never had a console myself. Recently I discovered the competitive melee scene through some videos online and for the last 3 months I have been catching myself up on the history of competitive melee. Now I feel like I know enough about the game to start playing, so I've made myself a netplay setup and I've been practicing for when I can start competing in locals. I live in SoCal so I'm guessing it won't be too hard to find ones to go to, but I'm very far from a competition just yet. I've picked my main as G&W, and I don't have any plans of switching. By far my favorite part of melee so far is the low tier upsets, and I am so willing to put twice or even a hundred times the effort into a low tier in order to see the same results that I would get from playing a high tier. You may object to that, but that's just how I like to play melee.

I didn't just want to make this a text post with nothing to respond to, so I have a question for those of you who are reading: if you could make one change to smash, to any game, character, or even any competitive ruleset, what change would you make? Personally, I would either remove tripping from Brawl or ban/remove wobbling from melee. What about you?

~verbose

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
welcome to the smash boards and the one change i would make is adding a practice mode for online.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to the boards!!

I didn't just want to make this a text post with nothing to respond to, so I have a question for those of you who are reading: if you could make one change to smash, to any game, character, or even any competitive ruleset, what change would you make? Personally, I would either remove tripping from Brawl or ban/remove wobbling from melee. What about you?
I miss Sheik's chain for recovery.

D

Deleted member

~verbose
Honestly I want Stage Hazards to be less of a toggle and more of a customization options menu.
Wily's Castle with no platforms is just dull.

Top Bottom