• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing yourself to the competitive scene

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing Smash for Wii U for a while. I have been maining meta knight for 5 months, and I am solid at him. I can get simple combos in, but am really looking to cross the competitive threshold, and possibly participate in tournament. My major experience is my buds in my neighborhood, as well as a few sparring partners. Where can I take the next step?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
If your place (or somewhere reasonably close to you) has a local scene, then you could start going to locals and trying to make friends. You can also go to online ladders such as Anthers and MLG to meet and fight new people online.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
To the internet!

Go online and look for Discord groups for Meta Knight and scroll through stuff. You could find interesting information, matchup guides and opinions from other MK players who probably have experience. Furthermore, you should attempt to record your matches with something like a phone or software and post them here or in said Discord and ask people to give advice.

As for tournament hunting, go to Facebook, Reddit or here and search for Sm4sh groups and tournaments held close by. Having sparring partners makes tournaments easy to prepare for, they could even go with you. You should ask the friends you mentioned if they go to tournaments and tag along with them if they are going to one.

Assuming you go to tournaments later on, ask other players and the TOs about places to look for tournaments nearby. Good luck Smashing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom