• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing BRAINCANCEL - SSBM Music Remix Project

NNID
dansalvato

BRAINCANCEL is a project that aims to remix many of the songs in Super Smash Bros. Melee for use in customized copies of Melee and SSBM Online! I make music as a hobby, and I've recently decided to start this project for the purpose of HYPE. With each track, I attempt to capture the essence of Melee and its corresponding stage, but in a fresh flavor that will get your control stick smokin'.

Current Song List

Legacy (Main Menu)
The Comfy Room (Lobby Room)
Fountain of Corruption (Fountain of Dreams remix)
Elephunk Drop (Yoshi's Story remix)
??? (Battlefield remix)
??? (Final Destination remix)

As I complete more tracks, I'll begin converting each song into Melee format with proper looping. For now, stay tuned!

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I like it! The "wombo combo!" threw it a little for me but I think I can live with it.

Is there any way you could get someone to make brstm's of each of them too? I'd like to use them in P:M as well.

NNID
dansalvato
I like it! The "wombo combo!" threw it a little for me but I think I can live with it.

Is there any way you could get someone to make brstm's of each of them too? I'd like to use them in P:M as well.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. Aw man, everyone else loved the wombo! =P

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I'll keep my eyes on this thread... sounds really nice.

Looking forward for the next samples

NNID
dansalvato
I am proud to present Fountain of Corruption, a Fountain of Dreams remix! This is a very recent publication, so there may be some changes as time passes. Check the original post for a link. :D

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
Fantastic. "are you ready" has excellent looping, and its not distracting but enjoyable when paid attention to.

Fountain of corruption definitiely captures that eerie atmosphere of the stage, although i dunnot about the pikachu...

awesome job IE.

NNID
dansalvato
Fantastic. "are you ready" has excellent looping, and its not distracting but enjoyable when paid attention to.

Fountain of corruption definitiely captures that eerie atmosphere of the stage, although i dunnot about the pikachu...

awesome job IE.
Glad you like them! It's not Pikachu, it's Kirby, hehe.

NNID
dansalvato
New song! Well, loop, really. It's called "The Comfy Room" and it's to be used for a lobby or options screen. I'm really happy with it, so I hope you like it! Check the original post for a link. :D

Bones0

Smash Legend
I like what you have going with FoC, but I think (and I am by no means a musical expert, so take this with a grain of salt) it would be better if you kept the sound more consistent. It felt like you were shifting between music styles every 10 or so seconds just to make it sound different. It also has a tendency to be super "empty" in the sense that it's sort of hard to keep track of the beat because of sounds wavering in and out of "focus." If you took the sound at exactly 1:00 (up until the WUBWUB lol) and stuck with that theme, I think it would be a lot more catchy. Melee's music is just so good already, I think simply changing up the instruments and adding in a few undertone beats is perfectly sufficient.

Like I said, I'm far from a music expert. I just liked the general sound and wanted to hopefully give you some of my feedback as a listener. ^_^

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
I like what you have going with FoC, but I think (and I am by no means a musical expert, so take this with a grain of salt) it would be better if you kept the sound more consistent. It felt like you were shifting between music styles every 10 or so seconds just to make it sound different. It also has a tendency to be super "empty" in the sense that it's sort of hard to keep track of the beat because of sounds wavering in and out of "focus." If you took the sound at exactly 1:00 (up until the WUBWUB lol) and stuck with that theme, I think it would be a lot more catchy.
I feel this way too.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Keep forgetting to post to keep tabs on topic, so........ keeping tabs. Songs are legit.

NNID
dansalvato
It's been a while, but I finished the main menu song for SSBM Online, check it out. It's pretty chill. ;D

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, I don't remember what it sounded like before, but I certainly like how it is now. You have a few subtle transitions about 1/3rd and 2/3rd of the way through to mix it up, but don't stray too far from the piano base. I could definitely just chill for extended periods of time with that on my Melee menu.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I really love this style, amazing work so far!

You even inspired me to make a menu theme for the game i am creating, thanks <3

Mahie

Smash Lord
Wow, not being able to click on fountain of corruption / elephunk drop was SUCH a dissapointment lol.

Keep up the good work man.

NNID
dansalvato
Wow, not being able to click on fountain of corruption / elephunk drop was SUCH a dissapointment lol.

Keep up the good work man.
Fountain of Corruption is pretty close to completion. I "released" it before but it had some elements not really suitable for it being a FoD replacement track, so I'm cleaning up the style a little bit.

Elephunk has a long ways to go, sadly. If everything goes correctly I'll be remixing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=648fkNsFKoY

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I keep seeing your name everywhere IE, Melee Online, Project M, and now this, keep up the good work!

NNID
dansalvato
I haven't worked on this in a while due to more important matters, but there are two additional songs that I have pretty close to completion.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Listening to "Legacy" now and I totally love it

I am dying for something like this to come together - is possibly working with alex strife and OCRemix guys to get some of these done on the table?

NNID
dansalvato
I'm about 90% done with my next track! Here's a preview!
http://ssbmo.com/ElephunkDrop.mp3

If you've played Yoshi's Story, it's based on the song "Yo Yo Yoshi". A little more upbeat, though!
I plan to record a saxophone to replace the synthetic one in that preview. There are also some other tweaks I need to make. Feedback is always appreciated!

D

Deleted member

I'm about 90% done with my next track! Here's a preview!
http://ssbmo.com/ElephunkDrop.mp3

If you've played Yoshi's Story, it's based on the song "Yo Yo Yoshi". A little more upbeat, though!
I plan to record a saxophone to replace the synthetic one in that preview. There are also some other tweaks I need to make. Feedback is always appreciated!
This is the best thing I've ever heard in my life.

MarkJa-lapeno

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6826-4437
Can't seem to find Fountain of Corruption. Can someone link me to it?

EDIT* Also, Elephunk is my jam! Such a nostalgia trip!

Top Bottom