• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intimikill 2 - Norman, OK (May 22nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Intimikill: Dec 5th

Last winter, Oklahoma revived it's melee community with a defibrillator of a tournament, Intimikill. Though a smaller event, the level of competition was extremely high, and more than one set is remembered as great from that day. With more sponsors, more hype, an even better venue, and a bigger turnout, we expect Intimikill 2 to raise the bar of epicness and strengthen the surrounding melee and general fighting game community.

Intimikill 2 is set for May 22nd. event sponsored and additionally hosted by The University of Oklahoma Japanese Anime and Manga Society. Join their FB page, JAMS will be hosting various fighting game tournaments after this, so if you play any other fighters, or just want to support our main sponsor, click this shiz: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=335450482050#!/group.php?v=info&gid=335450482050

also, here's the fb event page: FACEBOOK EVENT

be sure to check out the rules, we have our own ruleset/stageset.

Intimikill: to end the life of an opponent completely with mindgames; to kill without any physical interaction.

here's a teaser video to pump some people up :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2h873NSizM

Venue
Intimikill will take place at Oklahoma University, Nielson Hall 270. There will be free parking, at the student union garage, located on Asp off of Boyd Avenue (turn South onto Asp off Boyd, it will be on your right).

DIRECTIONS...use this google map:

There will be a venue fee of 5 dollars.

Set-ups
we are currently in need of both televisions and systems (both wiis and gamecubes will be acceptable). since melee players are always prepared, though, i am confident this need will dwindle quickly. OU and some sponsors will be providing TVs, quantity is unknown as of yet...but we definitely need people to bring systems.

TVs
1) Hazygoose
2) Forest
3) OU
4) OU
5) HxC lan center
6) HxC lan center
7) HxC lan center
8) HxC lan center
9) HxC lan center
10) HxC lan center
11)
12)

Systems
1) Pyro
2) Pyro
3) Forest
4) Irish
5) Risingken
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Housing
We're in need of people to volunteer for housing! Oklahomans, post here or get at me if you are able to host even 2 or 3 people! Anyone that needs housing, also simply post here or get at me. KC/Lawrence crew already knows they're staying with me, everyone else should request housing as soon as they know how many people will be in their party.

Housing Provided
Hazygoose: KANSAS+MISSOURI

Rules

Stages
Singles - random: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64
Singles - counter-pick: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Corneria

Doubles - random: Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64
Doubles - counter-pick: Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Corneria

all stages not in their respective categories are to be considered banned.

Match/Set Rules

*All players are to begin all matches with 4-stock, with items off, on an 8-minute timer.
*All sets are best 2/3, excluding loser's semi-finals, loser's finals, winner's semi-finals, winner's finals, and grand finals (both sets), which will be best 3/5.
*The first stage in each set, unless agreed upon, must be chosen at random.
*Each player may strike 1 stage to be chosen by random. This stage will be legal to be chosen as a counter-pick by either player, however.
*Additionally, each player may strike 1 stage from the set. This stage may be a random. Stage strikes are to be announced after both players finalize their character choices. A double-blind character pick may be called by either player at any time before the first match.
*Counter-picking will be in standard Advanced Slob format: loser chooses stage, winner chooses character, loser chooses character.
*Dave's Stupid Rule: no stage may be counter-picked by a player that previously won on it in the set, unless agreed upon by both players.
*Modified controllers, and third-party controllers with turbo or slow capabilities are banned.
*Stall tactics and glitches are both banned. You know what they are.
*Wobbling is banned. DIE, WOBBLES, DIE <3
*A 10-minute grace period will be allowed after matches are called. If a party does not arrive at his or her match within that time, he or she will be disqualified from the set,
*Additional teams rules: lifestealing will be allowed, and team attack will be ON.

Entry fees
singles: $10 per person
doubles $20 per team

Payout
for singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

for doubles:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

Additional Information
Schedule *Tentative*:
Registration starts at 11:30 AM and closes at 1:00 PM. Tournament starts at 1:30 PM. Be sure to be on time, the tournament is not waiting for anybody to start. No exact times are set for events, but the designated order at the moment is - Singles pools, Doubles bracket, Singles bracket, Draft crews. This will all be accomplished by midnight.

Norman, Oklahoma is within driving/roadtrip distance of some of my favorite places!
Dallas: less than 3 hours
Kansas City: 5 hours
San Antonio/Austin/Houston/ Lincoln: within 7 hours
Memphis/ St. Louis: within 8 hours

poster copy for hype purposes:

If there are any questions, please contact me, Hazygoose, or post here in this thread :D

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I will try and come just to see Hando at one of his last tournaments. :p

(If I can make this, lemme know if you need help. I TO in Dallas. And since I won't be playing, it'll be easy.)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
since scud won't be here it will be a lot harder. i'll prob ask ARC for some assistance since he's my homeboy, but i will definitely consider your offer, and thanks :D hope to see you there.
LET'S GET SOME ABSURD HYPE FOR THIS! :o

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Though I'd love to, I think my traveling for smash days may have ended. Tourneys on Saturday make a church going smasher have to choose between games and God, and we all who wins out on that one. I'll play anyone who doesn't live crazy far off, and provided I can make it to church on Sundays sweet, otherwise come and play me :D

<3

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
uhh lol, If i come by my relatives around Mayish, i might try to stop by.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Oklahoma's Burning Heart and Soul will be there in full force...

I haven't played Melee seriously in forever, but I think I can squeeze out a little bit more of my patented low(mid?)-tier magic.

With a Fist that blazes hotter than the sun, I shall launch my opponents skyward, alight with the Flame of Courage and Truth, all while shouting the legendary battlecry, 'SHORYUKEN!'

Let us Come With It, once more.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
just attend a local church on sunday morning?
I would love to, but any old church can't work. I've been keeping my eye on ones that I could, but I'm yet to find one ANYWHERE close to a tourney site. I've actually regrettably missed church once due to a smash tourn, and I refuse to let it happen again.

Thanks though. I'd love to smash you guys, I really wanna play Darkrain too. I'm sure one of these days I may get to, who knows?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just give me a bracket full of Foxes, and I'll show youtube how to d-throw techchase like a man once again.

HOLLLAAA

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Soooo good, cant wait. Thanks in advance for housing again Hazy. <3

Put me down for two cubes, and as many TV's as we have room for in the KC/Lawrence Carpool. Lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice: What kind of church does it need to be?
That's the thing, it's not just "the name" of the church that counts. I'm a member of the Church of Christ, but not all the signs outside the door are good indicators if that's truly the church. Very complicated to explain, but that's the details in 10 secs lol.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Other denominations aren't so bad, you know. Sometimes it's good to experiment and see what other people are experiencing.

Also, church on sunday is a man-made invention. It used to be on saturday, but Sunday's just the tradition that's kinda been ingrained into our heads. It's not a bad thing, but it's something to keep in mind when you're thinking about what's really important with the faith.

Don't get me wrong, I've messed up and missed church for a tournament before too, and that's not good. But there are more important aspects of christianity than our traditions, don't you think? Saturday or Friday services have been fine in my experience as long as you don't pick a church that's too far out there. Just my $.02

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
intriguing.... but why you gotta ban wobbling man.... thats like...my only ace in the hole when im behind lol

yes i DPed leave me alone for bein slow

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
well, we have the venue secured, a couple of sponsorships i'll talk about later, and will have a guaranteed bigger local turnout than last time. the main JAMS member helping me run this found some SSBM fabric designs, and we'll totally be making pillows out of them. perhaps some bonus melee pillows will be given out to 1st place in singles and teams? no pizza this time, but we'll have some goodies like this around for some new fun additions. get wrecked, everything that isn't intimikill.

almost done with the teaser video.

START HYPING, I WANT TO SEE HUGE REPRESENTATION FROM TEXOMA, PRACTICALLY BRINGING EVERYONE WE HAVE, AND I WANT TO SEE THE MIDSOUTH COME IN TWICE THE NUMBERS THIS TIME. who knows, maybe forward will come to on oklahoma event for once instead of getting snowed in at an airport, etc.

oh, and one last thing:
I SAID HYPE THIS SHIZ, *****ES!!!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Other denominations aren't so bad, you know. Sometimes it's good to experiment and see what other people are experiencing.

Also, church on sunday is a man-made invention. It used to be on saturday, but Sunday's just the tradition that's kinda been ingrained into our heads. It's not a bad thing, but it's something to keep in mind when you're thinking about what's really important with the faith.

Don't get me wrong, I've messed up and missed church for a tournament before too, and that's not good. But there are more important aspects of christianity than our traditions, don't you think? Saturday or Friday services have been fine in my experience as long as you don't pick a church that's too far out there. Just my $.02
It's not tradition believe me. Thanks though, I know you mean well my friend.

edit* btw it's not really manmade. We have biblical example of the church in the times of Christ meeting on the first day of the week, aka Sunday.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
tiiiiiight i miss chubs and the whole moore crew.
i guess i might as well try and contact craig and his crew, too.
old school, wewt wewt.
haha yea. hes one that got that married thing goin on in his life. still has the best Roy ive played against. his l-canceling is too good

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
no joke. darkrain, post up in hur!
handorin has spoken, i hope dragon/spaceballs/chad plan on coming again too :o
also, OK peeps should volunteer for housing >.>;
landon, get texas into gear :D there will be ballin' local turnout this time, JAMS and our sponsors are really takin' care of bidness. the southwest/midsouth/midwest need to come in full force for some epic fun times.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'll come to this.:)

*sigh* guess I need to practice this game again lol.

EDIT: Ack...just remembered that day is my mom's birthday >_>. I'll show up but I might be a bit late.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
since scud won't be here it will be a lot harder. i'll prob ask ARC for some assistance since he's my homeboy, but i will definitely consider your offer, and thanks :D hope to see you there.
LET'S GET SOME ABSURD HYPE FOR THIS! :o
ARC as in... AustinRC?

If so he's scared of me. :chuckle:

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Speeeeaking of too good, where's all the too good people RSVPing to this???
O hi.

I'll RSVP now, hopefully there won't be a change of plans, but I'll give some kind of notice if something comes up.

Edit: Chris, no johns. Show up, so I can show you how a real man uses Peach. Rawr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom