• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intimikill 2 - Norman, OK (May 22nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmac

Smash Champion
we'll probably be bringin arc with us. darkrain is going for sure, he's been vocal about wanting to go. if you need/want help running the tourney theres lots of us who'd be willing to halp, so dont worry about that

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it's actually a room in a building across from the union, in a big auditorium this time. i keep forgetting to ask forest for the building/room numbers but post it when i see him tomorrow :D

AustinRC

Smash Lord
ARC as in... AustinRC?

If so he's scared of me. :chuckle:
I was going to go but I heard Ladybug might so I cancel. That girl is scary calling out matches and ****. DAYUM lol j/k But seriously I'll be attending this hopefully the rest of Kansas is with me "looks like they are but I wont speak for them." Also homeboy Alex!!!! I'll help you with anything you need mah man! As long as there are a few drinks after!!!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
rawr!

a few things today
1) expect the teaser video on sunday, just have to clean it up and add muzak but i'm busy today and tomorrow
2) IF YOU ARE COMING, PLEASE REQUEST HOUSING AND TELL ME HOW BIG YOUR PARTY WILL BE/WHO IS IN IT, SO WE CAN PROMPTLY TRY AND GET YOU HOUSING ASAP. thanks :D we've got a couple oklahomans who have told me they'd house, they're just waiting to hear on who needs it. we could use more oklahomies for housing, too, for any kind local who wants to volunteer :D (josh, blaine, bryan, walrus???)
3) WE NEED MORE SETUPS! we could use possibly a couple more tvs, but with locals bringing some and getting a sponsor to give us tvs, we're way more comfortable on them than on setups. bring wiis and gamecubes, peeps!!! as many as you can!
4) texas sucks. where is everyone but doh and darkrain? dallas/austin/san antonio/houston, you all need to come represent ^.^

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9259/intimikillprelim.png
prototype flyer. it will be updated and put at local colleges and businesses ^.^

still waiting on TX not to suck.
and for people to ask for housing :o last call, you're all on your own for remembering to ask from now on.
still setups :X

i'm pretty pumped for this, partially for the tournament but mostly to see all the people again :D

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Yo I have Wii and disc I can bring to match my TV. I should have the poster ready soon, I'll post it here for anyone interested to distribute.

I'm including my email on the poster for more info, as I am still waiting on the JAMS webmaster to make us a tournament page so that we can provide maps and tournament information to any poster seers for this and future tourneys.

The University of Oklahoma is a great central location for the mid/southwest and has excellent rooms for tourneys, projectors, rows of outlets, and ethernet ports. Best of luck to all, I'll be throwing down in competitive smash for the first time in 2 years, but that doesn't mean I'll be giving you a buy, watch out!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I can also put up one person for housing on the couch, i could put up 2 or 3 but they would have to take the floor which might not be comfy.

Also my house is a gamer's pit! If you smoke please do so outside.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is starting to look pretty intense.

I can't wait to get these finals over and start working on my Peach. I doubt I'll do any good this first time around, but I'm getting pumped.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is starting to look pretty intense.

I can't wait to get these finals over and start working on my Peach. I doubt I'll do any good this first time around, but I'm getting pumped.
I haven't played for a year. I'm practicing a week straight as soon as finals are done. Those that are near norman should meet up with us for some smash nights.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
I haven't played for a year. I'm practicing a week straight as soon as finals are done. Those that are near norman should meet up with us for some smash nights.
I think I can do you one better, I haven't played seriously in three, hahaha.

Still, I think if I can make it past the first round, even if it's in the loser's bracket, I'll be happy.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I think I can do you one better, I haven't played seriously in three, hahaha.

Still, I think if I can make it past the first round, even if it's in the loser's bracket, I'll be happy.

If some people in the Japanese Animation and Manga Society are interested in furnishing some old consoles or PCs, we might have a little mini-tournament of mario kart or tetris going on after the first couple of rounds of eliminations, that way people would have something to do while waiting to watch the finals.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I was probably bringing my rockband setup to have when we didn't need as many setups. I know it got Ladybug pretty pumped anyways.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Rock Band, Mario Kart and Melee?

This has become amazing. I am definitely going. Gotta show off my less-than-impressive guitar skills on expert.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I have a double bass peddle, but one of them is kinda broken, and is being held together with duct tape so it doesn't break all the way. Be gentle to it. >_>

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
LETS DO PARAMORE'S THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! I CAN GET 5 STARS ON THAT ONE!

amiriteguize? come on....

...I have a thing for Hayley Williams, what can I say?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
The last 'T' on that poster is a little messed up, ill fix it when iput the sponsors on, its still fine to distribute for now though. Please put a few up in your area.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Mad hype!!!!!!!! Come on we need to see more people posting up in HUUUUUURRRR!!!!!!!! dur

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Austin, are you planning on going?

I'd like to go to this, but the turnout would have to be pretty good for me to really be interested. I guess if everyone who went last time will be there again, I'll try to make it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh yea.
If someone could bring a rockband mic, that would be awesome. I don't have one, so I just use my headset. I'd rather not bring that. <_<

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman

I'd like to go to this, but the turnout would have to be pretty good for me to really be interested. I guess if everyone who went last time will be there again, I'll try to make it.
I think the turnout is looking good. What were the numbers on last times turnout?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
we had 30 last time. we were aiming for 40-50 but one group of OOSers dropped out last second for legitimate reasons and OK didn't represent much at all. looking better this time on the latter at least, but we need moar OOSers! :o

AustinRC

Smash Lord

Not like you'd place in the money anyway kekekekekekekekeke. There are good players going its always worth it. Besides its like.... 3 hours away from me how can I not?

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Oh yea.
If someone could bring a rockband mic, that would be awesome. I don't have one, so I just use my headset. I'd rather not bring that. <_<
Is it a 360?

If so, I've got your back. I might bring my harddrive too for extra songs.

edit: Nvm, seems Alex's got ya covered.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea it's 360.

As far as games and DLC I have:
GH2
GH3 w/ most of the DLC
GH: M
GH: SH
GH: 5
GH: VH
RB2 w/ rb1, rush, boston, SRV, some metal, spongebob (>_>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom