• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Internet Issue

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not quite sure what's going on figured someone may point me in the right direction.

I'm able to use websites correctly, I'm able to use Skype as well as play League of Legends without an issue or noticable latency drops.

However downloading patches for LoL or watching streams on Twitch.TV seem to be impossible.. Patches take hours to download and Twitch.TV stutters pretty much every 2-3 seconds making it unwatchable.

Youtube videos also buffer incredibly slow.

MalwareBytes hasn't picked anything up and I know that they have no reason to throttle my internet because I don't do any hosting or heavy amounts of torrenting.

Any Ideas CC?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can try going to speedtest.net from more than one computer in your house.

Also, an net connection has many attributes, not just "fast vs slow". It could very well be that you have low throughput, but good latency. If so, even a low throughput connection is enough to load websites or play a video game reliably. And the low latency will even be great for gaming. But file downloads (and high quality streams) will take forever.

If you can verify that other computers in your house also behave the same way, then do some usual debugging things: do a power cycle on both your router and modem. That means unplugging the power cord, waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in. You can also try bypassing the router (assuming you have one. Usually people do) and plugging your PC directly into the modem.

If nothing changes the problem, then the issue is outside of your house. Call your ISP and complain.

Top Bottom