• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Power Rankings

Stev

Smash Ace
The reason people can say mango's better is because the US has a much more diverse population and a much bigger population. The game is more likely popular here meaning he has more people he has to beat. He has beaten players from US, Canada, and Europe, maybe even other places. He has proven himself. He's won bigger tournaments under more pressure than anyone else. I don't see how you can possibly refute that.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm not saying Mango is likely to be beaten, I'm just saying that Javi and Twin are in the same position Mango is. For all we know, the world's top 10 could have 8 of Mexico. Of course that's very unlikely by any scale, but until Mexico and US clash, Mango isn't "the world champion".

He is the best in the combination of Europe, USA and Canada though, which is many times larger than Mexico, many more players, a much more active scene, and based on videos, I would be amazed if Javi beat Mango.

The point is that until he's played the best all over the world, he's not the best in all of the world. He's the best of US/Canada/Europe.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
I think Mango is moe like Nadal...but that was when M2K was the Federer. His marth dance gracefully along the battlefield much like Federer on the court

Now that Mango is Roger....Armada may be the Nadal he was looking for.

Yeah Strawhats I think you got it down ^^, Armada isn't scruffy like nadal though...I would have to say hez like davydenko(referring to the match he played with federer) he is godly with his anticipation and gives you no room, but then he still loses to federer...

anyway javi and twin look like they are extremely good, they really need to play Mango... to see if USA does have the best player in the world. To be the best in the world you got to beat the rest you know.

Animal

Smash Lord
To add (I don't want to edit incase someone misses this), instead of International Power Rankings, someone should make a thread to list all the top players for each character. Say something like:

Falco:
Mango
Dr.PP
Zhu
Shiz
etc

Or perhaps have the best and also add the best players in certain regions.

Falco:
Mango (US WC)
Dr.PP (US South)
Dieslow (Canada WC)
Calle W (Sweden)
Twin (Mexico)
etc

The lists would be big, but it would be a nice reference.

And then for the lower tiers, just list every major player of the character.

Mewtwo:
Taj
Iori
etc (sorry that I'm not fluent with Mewtwo players)

I think it'd make a nicer thread, actually be useful, and have less unneeded arguing that solves for an answer nobody really cares about.

Someone else make it though.

i really like this idea. Although mango would be 1 for 4 characters. (puff falco fox falcon)

jugfingers

Smash Champion
The reason people can say mango's better is because the US has a much more diverse population and a much bigger population. The game is more likely popular here meaning he has more people he has to beat. He has beaten players from US, Canada, and Europe, maybe even other places. He has proven himself. He's won bigger tournaments under more pressure than anyone else. I don't see how you can possibly refute that.
thats not what im refuting, mango has proven himself to be the best out of a massive region of enormous talent.

all I was saying is that claiming mango is the best in the world is an assumption not a fact.

especially when theres talent like this lurking in chile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4Vg-gOOa8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpQ14jj7Kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Ph8hasiVY&feature=related !! dark is clearly as technical if not more technical than american foxes including lovage, silentwolf and mango,

null55

Smash Master
ahh the beautiful thing about Aramada... he taught us ethnocentric swines that genius doesn't have to be found in the most active area of play. i'm glad the people aren't denying the possibilities now.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
funny how chu does not play melee as much nd still is on the top 10 list of players..
but I mean it is not hard once you get the grasp of melee so im not suprised..

Edit: wow @ the random brawl comment from hbox
yea rob is such a big target

HugS™

Smash Lord
I have to agree with everyone's general sentiments.

1 international tournament really isn't enough to rank anyone.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The Mexico players are like.. Not even good.

Why even consider them until they prove otherwise? (Which I HIGHLY doubt they will.)

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Seriously. I mean just cuz you have a chance of losing doesn't mean you might not be the best player. He's lost like 1 tourny in 2 years, and that was to ONE person. Anyone who says he is NOT the best is just dumb. You can be the best and not always win.
Where the **** did you get from that I don't think that mango is the best?

He is without a doubt the best player at the moment, I was only saying that it was not impossible for him to go down in the "ranking" as time goes on.
I wouldn't be all that much surprised if he loses to someone, or becomes a second places solidly.

Stev

Smash Ace
Where the **** did you get from that I don't think that mango is the best?

He is without a doubt the best player at the moment, I was only saying that it was not impossible for him to go down in the "ranking" as time goes on.
I wouldn't be all that much surprised if he loses to someone, or becomes a second places solidly.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking to you. All I know is that ever since Mango lost to Kage, it seems like a lot of people have gone from "ya, Mango's absolutely the best" to "i dunno, i can see him faltering" despite him proving the exact opposite immediately afterwords.

strawhats

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking to you. All I know is that ever since Mango lost to Kage, it seems like a lot of people have gone from "ya, Mango's absolutely the best" to "i dunno, i can see him faltering" despite him proving the exact opposite immediately afterwords.
I thinks its that people just want change and are tired of him winning even though they know that he's definitively the best right now..oh well can't convice certain people so you let actions speak).

Oh and Hbox...I don'thate you man...its just Im not a fan of your puff is all, but much respect man and keep doing what you do. ;)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
1.mango
2.hbox
3.amsah
4.armada
5.m2k
6.jman
7.drpp
8.kage
9.axe
10.lucky
11.zgetto
12.chudat
13.dr
14.ss
15.calle w

im not too sure about ss, dr, callew, or zgetto, but the top 15 should be theese 15

strawhats

Smash Master
why isnt Darkrain in that list Lunar. and I thought Forward/Taj were the best Arizona players.

Forward has been practicing alot more lately and recently beat axe's pika with falco.

Anyone know wtf happened to Sethlon.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Regardless of the circumstances.. he HAS beat Jman and Dr Peepee in tournament somewhat recently...
Unless they were Mango and Armada, that wouldn't really warrant being top 10. Best Pikachu (apparently) though.

strawhats

Smash Master
Quoted for obvious truth..
No offense to Kage of course <3
yeah..love the warrior, but he's not even really the best in his own country Bam/Vwins have that honour (Canadian honor FTW), He is however the best ganon.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
darkrain not being in any top list is stupid, im gonna keep trollin this thread until he gets the respect he deserves.
(especially if SS is in that same list, WE ALL LOVE SS, especially Falcon mains [me] but all logical indicators point to Darkrain > SS, and being the 2nd best person in the world with a character is nothing to be ****ing ashamed of)

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
lol at people spamming videos from technical spacies from mexico/chile/brazil and plenty of other unknown bad countries

we all know m2k would 4 stock them.

Top Bottom