• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting tidbit about C. Falcon's d-throw

tk~

Smash Rookie
Since I kept hearing stuff about how C. Falcon can't actually do anything off his d-throw, I thought I might as well talk about this little interesting tidbit about his d-throw to get some positive discussion going on. When using C. Falcon's d-throw on certain characters such as Marth, Fox, Falco (these are off the top of my head, but in general the lighter characters), Captain Falcon actually recovers faster than usual when using his d-throw, meaning you can actually combo (ie score consecutive hits from the combo meter/opp can't air dodge it ) out of the d-throw starting from 0%. You can do stuff like d-throw into dashing jump nair to uair/nair for a solid 27-30%, aka your typical Falcon stuff. You can even combo a d-throw into a sweet spotted knee at higher % (although the timing is extremely strict/very hard to do and if the opp inputs any DI you're pretty much out of luck, but it is feasible). D-throw into uair is also a pretty solid kill move at high % (if you manage to do it the edge of a stage). But yeah, on chars like those mentioned above, getting a grab at low % is pretty much a guaranteed 30%~ and I advise you all to try it out before shooting me down about this. In fact, go ahead and try it out before you even reply to this. FYI, I found Marth to be the easiest to combo (but that's just because Marth is my punching bag).

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Since I kept hearing stuff about how C. Falcon can't actually do anything off his d-throw, I thought I might as well talk about this little interesting tidbit about his d-throw to get some positive discussion going on. When using C. Falcon's d-throw on certain characters such as Marth, Fox, Falco (these are off the top of my head, but in general the lighter characters), Captain Falcon actually recovers faster than usual when using his d-throw, meaning you can actually combo (ie score consecutive hits from the combo meter/opp can't air dodge it ) out of the d-throw starting from 0%. You can do stuff like d-throw into dashing jump nair to uair/nair for a solid 27-30%, aka your typical Falcon stuff. You can even combo a d-throw into a sweet spotted knee at higher % (although the timing is extremely strict/very hard to do and if the opp inputs any DI you're pretty much out of luck, but it is feasible). D-throw into uair is also a pretty solid kill move at high % (if you manage to do it the edge of a stage). But yeah, on chars like those mentioned above, getting a grab at low % is pretty much a guaranteed 30%~ and I advise you all to try it out before shooting me down about this. In fact, go ahead and try it out before you even reply to this. FYI, I found Marth to be the easiest to combo (but that's just because Marth is my punching bag).
Really? I usually mix up my chases off throws, those are the kinds of moves I used, but I had no idea it was near-guaranteed against marth/fox/falco. Does it work with wolf or pikachu? Please say Olimar... PLEASE say Olimar. D=

Top Bottom