• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Integrating air needles

Bl00dless

Smash Rookie
I have been playing Sheik for quite a while now, and I want to improve my game by using her needles more effectively. Currently I only really use air needles as part of edge guarding certain characters like space animals. I was hoping that someone could explain how to use air needles in neutral against the cast. Thanks for any replies.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
SH needle grab.
SH needle tilt.
SH needle downsmash.
platform/circle camp with needles.

Needles auto cancel on landing, so you can literally do whatever you want afterward and likely have frame advantage or minimal disadvantage.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I have been playing Sheik for quite a while now, and I want to improve my game by using her needles more effectively. Currently I only really use air needles as part of edge guarding certain characters like space animals. I was hoping that someone could explain how to use air needles in neutral against the cast. Thanks for any replies.
Your standard tilt/grab to fair combo followed up with a single needle can sometimes clinch their stock.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I use them to get rid of some projectiles like Ivy's razor leaf. Also just making sure to do the needles close to the ground because she has such a high short hop. I suppose you could mess around with some platform stuff with that, but I doubt you would get a follow up.

Top Bottom