• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Wall Jump Discovered by SDX

instant_wall_jump.jpg

Laith "SDX" Hamdan has released a tutorial video detailing a newly-discovered advanced technique in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: an instant wall jump from ledge. The technique was first discovered while watching match footage of Gonzalo "ZeRo" Barrios, who performed the technique seemingly by accident. After going over the footage, SDX quickly set to work figuring out how to replicate it, producing a video on his findings.

SDX notes that, while flashy, the technique doesn't seem to have many practical applications. Cloud also seems to be the only character the technique works with, and even then, it doesn't work on Pokemon Stadium, Lylat Cruise or the left side of Town & City.

Scribe

Comments

Wonder if this is intentional tech in the games code, or if it’s a glitch that they’ll patch out if Cloud wins a tournament.

This isn't newly discovered. I've actually been doing this for a really long time in Smash 4 with Mario/Doc and there are some tournament sets of me online where I do it in real games.

This isn't newly discovered. I've actually been doing this for a really long time in Smash 4 with Mario/Doc and there are some tournament sets of me online where I do it in real games.
aight aight chill bro, this isn't a smash 4 tech news update

Last edited:
This looks incredibly situational to me, but I’ve been wrong on stuff like this before.

Prove me wrong Cloud Mains

can anyone think of a single scenario where this tech would have any utility at all
Just one sort of vague one.

It messes up your opponents timing when you're going off stage to edge guard and they react too quickly to your approach only to see that you've stunted your approach speed, and are now coming at them with the same jump trajectory at just a slightly lower angle while they are fresh out of options to defend themselves?

Last edited:
can anyone think of a single scenario where this tech would have any utility at all
I can think of one at the moment.

You are playing Smash on the subway, guy walks up to you, puts a gun against your head and tells you "Do an instant wall jump now, or else...!"

It can save your life.

Last edited:
I mean, it is kinda flashy, and can get people really confused. But other than that, I don't see why you should use your time to learn and perfect this. There are other things you could be practicing lol

Yeah let’s throw away our 1 wall jump and waste a jump to look “flashy?”

This tech just looks like a negative to options. Unless someone tells me that the spacing is significantly different from a jump at ledge... like if it out ranges or spaces even slightly then it can be argued for (micro spacing is our end game) but if not, I’m not worried about it.

I found this out by accident yesterday in training on the far left side and freaked out. It looked SO COOL. Even tho it’s useless for the most part.

Top Bottom