• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant up air kill confirm(?)

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
Just wondering if someone already found this. Been experimenting with instant up air stuff. Also, ignore the down throw stuff at the end, I don't play Diddy lol.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/SGsAv8Gzf6s

Last edited:

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
I will do more testing for the optimal follow up.

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
So I was messing around with instant up airs. Found this little combo. Not sure if it can be avoided with DI, I will keep testing. You must up air immediately after leaving the ground.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
So I was messing around with instant up airs. Found this little combo. Not sure if it can be avoided with DI, I will keep testing. You must up air immediately after leaving the ground.
It should be possible to follow their DI and connect it. The only reason it wouldn't be able to do so is if they are sent rather far.

My main thing is the possibility of Hitstun cancelling. Hitstun cancelling allows you to exit hitstun earlier, at high percents, through buffering specific options. If HC applies, then this would be a 50/50. Also, Dtilt is frame 4, I don't know if this combo is viable, simply because there are better options.

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
It should be possible to follow their DI and connect it. The only reason it wouldn't be able to do so is if they are sent rather far.

My main thing is the possibility of Hitstun cancelling. Hitstun cancelling allows you to exit hitstun earlier, at high percents, through buffering specific options. If HC applies, then this would be a 50/50. Also, Dtilt is frame 4, I don't know if this combo is viable, simply because there are better options.
Yeah that's a good point. I think that instant up air has some potential though, here's a video of some other quick combos. The last one probably won't kill consistently.

Also, here is a lock combo.

Last edited:

Zeke78

Smash Rookie
just tested this - double uair doesn't work on di out. diddy doesn't have enough air acceleration to follow the di. dair works -- but only as an air dodge read. you can also get reverse uair which can lead to a bair. fair is good. i need to test footstools still

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
So, in the end I think that instant up air is kind of useless on its own, minus the footstool combo. I am 90% sure that is true. However, they can be used as a way to rack up more damage at high percent when Diddy's throws no longer combo. As for up air coming out too slow, al of these combos are true after a down tilt, so just throw in a down tilt first.

Last edited:

Zeke78

Smash Rookie
One cool option that I've theorycrafted that I need to test is full hop uair out of shield. if you put banana at roll distance by the ledge and then shield at neutral getup distance, a lot of people will jump so maybe you can fh uair fair them for a quick 16 and more stage control

Top Bottom