• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ledge Snap

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
I have massive problems performing an instant ledge snap. I already labbed a lot, but I just can't pull it off.

Does anyone have tips on how to learn/perform this input?

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
Does your character use a tether grab?
No, I main Lucina. It's not like I can't perform the instant ledge snap at all, I am just very inconsistent at it. I get it like 4 out of 10 times (at the moment).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
No, I main Lucina. It's not like I can't perform the instant ledge snap at all, I am just very inconsistent at it. I get it like 4 out of 10 times (at the moment).
Oh. I saw a Lucina main use the instant ledge snap yesterday in a set. I don't know how non-tethered instant ledge snaps work, but hopefully someone knows. You might want to check the Competitive room for SSBU and ask there. Perhaps contact a moderator to move this thread there. Otherwise, to state the obvious, just keep practicing. You'll get it down. If it was the tether grab, I'd be able to explain how that works.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
Oh. I saw a Lucina main use the instant ledge snap yesterday in a set. I don't know how non-tethered instant ledge snaps work, but hopefully someone knows. You might want to check the Competitive room for SSBU and ask there. Perhaps contact a moderator to move this thread there. Otherwise, to state the obvious, just keep practicing. You'll get it down. If it was the tether grab, I'd be able to explain how that works.
thanks for the advice bro

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
It's about total distance travelled by the up B, you will need to lab it for each stage. When Lucina recovers low sometimes you'll need to allow yourself to sink a bit lower than other characters would to make sure your up b snaps.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I know of something like it. In smash 4 almost all recoveries that didn't snap to the ledge could be forced to if you pressed straight (left or right) in the direction of the stage right after up b. Marcena could do this to up B really really close to the ledge and still snap. IDK if the same tech exists in ultimate, I myself have only done it a few times on accident and I have never been able to do it in practice despite being consistent with it in smash 4.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
It's about total distance travelled by the up B, you will need to lab it for each stage. When Lucina recovers low sometimes you'll need to allow yourself to sink a bit lower than other characters would to make sure your up b snaps.
Instant ledge snap means running off the stage and immediately grabbing the ledge in order to ledge trump an opponent that is currently hanging on the ledge. It's a (imo) very tight input where you have to perform a half circular motion with your stick right after you left the stage. It has nothing to do with Lucinas upB.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
I know of something like it. In smash 4 almost all recoveries that didn't snap to the ledge could be forced to if you pressed straight (left or right) in the direction of the stage right after up b. Marcena could do this to up B really really close to the ledge and still snap. IDK if the same tech exists in ultimate, I myself have only done it a few times on accident and I have never been able to do it in practice despite being consistent with it in smash 4.
same here (Instant ledge snap means running off the stage and immediately grabbing the ledge in order to ledge trump an opponent that is currently hanging on the ledge. It's a (imo) very tight input where you have to perform a half circular motion with your stick right after you left the stage. It has nothing to do with Lucinas upB.)

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
Oh lol my bad. But yes, for that one you just gotta do it fast. Its the same as ulti but you just have to straight up be faster.

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
It's much easier to perform if you're standing on the very edge when your character enters the balancing animation. I find it much more difficult to do while approaching the ledge. Because of this, you could fox-trot up to the ledge and then attempt the snap; that's been effective for me, at least.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
It's much easier to perform if you're standing on the very edge when your character enters the balancing animation. I find it much more difficult to do while approaching the ledge. Because of this, you could fox-trot up to the ledge and then attempt the snap; that's been effective for me, at least.
thanks that is very useful information, especially because I pretty much always fox-trot anyways

Top Bottom