• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

insane recovery with items

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
So I was messing around with AGTs (aerial glide toss) and I noticed that Jigs can AGT an item up and either AGT again before it stales or jump then AGT. Jigs has 5 mid air jumps do this between every jump granting her insane recovery. I made some images to show Jigs at different recovery heights from the ground.

Banana :
Just Jumps (11 squares):

Jump and Pound (14 squares):

Jump and AGT (23 squares):

As you can see the Jump and AGT goes about 9 squares higher than the pound at a height and 12 units higher that just jumps.

When is it possible?
Jigs of course can't pull items herself so this tech is only useful playing against or with the following characters: Peach, Diddy, Link, YLink, Rob, and Snake.

Peach, Diddy, Link, and YLink all work decently well, but Rob's gyro has special physics so you throw it extra high and Snake grenade explodes quickly after it is released making it not very useful. If someone would like to record heights for the other characters I'd be glad to update this post and help people out.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
How about jump + pound + agt for things like Diddy's banana or a turnip?

Top Bottom