• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia VI?

Simple question: would you come/interested?

• Yes

Votes: 32 97.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Greetings all,

Many moons ago I ran a tournament series called INNsomnia (click for INN V results: http://smashboards.com/threads/innsomnia-v-3-30-31-results-and-shoutouts.100664/) which was a lot of fun and got a little attention (including an invite on 2 separate occasions to join MLG's original grassroots circuits based on the growth and potential they saw, but that's another story), but unfortunately real life took over and ultimately I retired. Due to life calming down, cohosting a small local tournament "for grins", and having finally watched the Smash Brothers documentary, I can't help but want to have one last hurrah.

I'm just throwing this out as a feeler to get some feedback regarding interest from the community. Due to school and work going crazy I won't be able to do it until I graduate which looks to be end of June if I play my cards right, so I'm thinking tourney around early August? It would be held in the Memphis, TN area but maybe not at our standard venue due to A. the location being closed now (the pizza restaurant/namesake of the series), and B. stupid interstate construction - but I think that's all semantics that need to be settled later anyway depending on potential size. I welcome both new generation and old school/grandpas to toss a note. I'm thinking Melee and PM for sure, maybe brawl (depending on bribery interest)

-Edit-
To clarify, INN VI will be happening for sure. I just wanted to throw this up to see if I needed to plan things on a local or national scale in terms of venue, etc. :)

Last edited:

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been on here in ages, but I support this endeavor 150%
INNsomnia VI would be the greatest thing on this planet. Even better than a cure for AIDS.

RAM

Smash Lord
Have my babies Zane! I still remember 4 stocking someone on the interstate cause we were stuck in traffic. early August would be perfect and I will without the shout of a doubt be there.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Scrolling this first page created a nearly fatal nostalgia wave. Thanks, guys.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
I can't believe I never went to these back in the day. I would have to be here, and maybe do a cook-off thing (Grill some food for the smashers and such, maybe venue fee pays for the food?) and I know of a good venue or two as well. Keep me in touch Prince Zane my good sir.

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Shout outs to for 9 place, Yo jeans *****in' McDonald's spinach painting hats the doug pitching fungus - Chad + Iori, at INNsomnia V.

Also, I had to reupload this video since I couldn't find my old upload:

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Zane, let me know what you need and its done. INNsomnia defined the term STD(smash til dawn for all you newer guys). This is gonna be amazing!!!

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Will attend. With GC and Melee.

Holy **** the attendees from the previous INNsomnia was legendary, will attend for sure

Last edited:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Zane are you trying to become active again? if So we should talk about something Ive started.

And Josh/Hazard do the cooking thing and Ill help ya.

spamming this link on facebook lol.

Last edited:

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
So I decided that if I want to participate in the tournament, then I will do openers for food. Especially if it's a multi-day affair. Here's the menu I came up with (note that this will only be once a day I feed you guys!!!!)

First Day - Grilled bacon wrapped hot dogs with a plethora of toppings and Chips with salsa. Veggie kabob for those who don't prefer meat.

Second Day - Stacked sandwiches with a variety of toppers. Pita veggie pockets with tzatziki sauce for the veggie lovers.

If there is a third day - Chicken tacos with pico de gallo, avocados and sour cream with roasted corn. Roasted pepper tacos for vegetarians.

Let me know what you guys think, all this stuff is easy for me to make but I am open to suggestions. KO, I will gladly accept your help, most of it will be prep and distribution to the players. Share this with everyone so I can get a good count and make this the best experience possible.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Middle TN will be there in full force indeed, and wow duder, that menu sounds amazing! All I want to know is....who's the dingus that voted no?

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
Dude, a huge tournament in Memphis? I'm totally game! If need be, I could bring a GameCube, the game, and some extra controllers with me.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It would be unlikely that I can attend.

However, I have always always wanted to attend one of the INNsomnia tournaments.

If they're starting up again, and I can go, I will.

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
This could be my official coming out of retirement event, since the last one I went to doesn't count because johns.

Top Bottom