• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkopolis Plaza – Squid Social

Inklings for Smash?

• Total voters

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Hey, are there any capture card owners here who bought the Nakoruru and Veronica Mii Costumes? I was converting my replays, when I ran into a problem: the game won't let you convert replays if your opponent used DLC that you don't own. I uploaded my replay, ID is JCW2YNR2

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't know about any of you, but the Squid Sisters getting Mii costumes only increases my hope that they'll get in a future Smash 6 at some point.
As echo fighters? I would rather have Octolings first, to be honest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Depending on the outcome of the final upcoming Splatfest, it probably won't end well for whoever has their side lose, if Splatoon 2's outcome of 1's splatfest was any indication.
Splatoon 3: Inkopolis has plunged into anarchy, and the new hub world is Inkopolis Wasteland
Look whose theories potentially came true?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It makes me wish to see what we would have gotten had Team Order (My team) won. Would we still have the "little buddy"?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/02/nintendo_reveals_splatoon_3_coming_to_switch_in_2022

In this new game in the Splatoon series, you’ll leave Inkopolis behind and head to a new region: the Splatlands. At its heart is a new city where battle-savvy Inklings and Octolings gather: Splatsville, also known as the “City of Chaos”. Splatoon 3 introduces various new features to the action-shooter series, including weapons such as the bow weapon, customisation options and new movement abilities to bring to the returning 4-v-4 Turf War matches. More information about the full-fledged sequel coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022 will be revealed in the future.

Oh hey, Octolings will be a thing from the get-go here.

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Does anyone have advice on how to deal with Pichu and Pikachu as Inkling?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Does anyone have advice on how to deal with Pichu and Pikachu as Inkling?
It's been a while since I've gone up against one of them specifically. I'll do some testing in Training Mode to see what attacks can hit them when they're in "pancake mode"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
It's been a while since I've gone up against one of them specifically. I'll do some testing in Training Mode to see what attacks can hit them when they're in "pancake mode"
I feel like I have a hard time hitting them. They’re constantly moving around the stage and their hurt box is so small.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
From what I've seen so far, Pikachu pancakes underneath Jab, but D-tilt will hit him.
And my opponent may resent me for relying so much on Roller, but it's a reliable method of rolling over pancakes.

I feel like I have a hard time hitting them. They’re constantly moving around the stage and their hurt box is so small.
Maybe try catching them with U-Smash

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
So I was thinking: since Ultimate has been out for quite some time, this topic's poll is looking a little outdated. Here's my suggestion for a new poll:

Do you consider the blue and orange Inklings to be friends, siblings, or lovers?
  • Friends
  • Siblings
  • Lovers
(you already know which one of these I would vote for)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So I was thinking: since Ultimate has been out for quite some time, this topic's poll is looking a little outdated. Here's my suggestion for a new poll:

Do you consider the blue and orange Inklings to be friends, siblings, or lovers?
  • Friends
  • Siblings
  • Lovers
(you already know which one of these I would vote for)
Yeah, I think this wouldn't be a bad idea. I know which option I'm going for.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
So, there have been talks by fans about an "apartment" feature. What are your thoughts on apartments? I think it could be interesting. It'd give us something to use our in game money on and maybe could even be tied to Amiibos. Scan in an Amiibo and get posters, furniture, replica weapons, plush polls, clothes, etc.

An apartment could also be a place to store and change the clothes we've bought.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Make it happen, Nintendo!

monica ray.png

ricardo hurtado.png

(If anyone can figure out why I specifically chose Monica Ray and Ricardo Hurtado, you get a cookie. Also, I added the disclaimer because I don't want to be responsible for people spreading fake leaks)

IB23

Smash Rookie
Speaking of Inklings, I’m so close to battling DJ Octavio. Just need to get past Level 25. So hard

Last edited:
Top Bottom