• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling viability

What general tier is Inkling?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • High

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Mid

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rick-Woomy!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7643-3959-7772
How good do y’all think Inkling is in competitive? I’d personally say Inkling is specifically a B tier- great combo and offstage game, great mobility, ink, and advantage state, although unfavorable disadvantage state, incompetent ability to secure kills, and ink management. What do y’all think? My other mains are Marff, although I’m not an FE fan. I am however a Splatoon fan and Inkling main.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Inkling is a potential top tier but is still messily designed despite this. If a move like splatbomb gets buffed to act as Inkling’s kill move, they’ll instantly be a top tier for sure but not the jank kind.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yeah you right
I just realized that Inkling wasn’t the only newcomer with really terrible design decisions that barely made any sense. Isabelle, Ridley, and King K. Rool are also full of trash decisions in their debut and patches. The smash team still can’t decide **** when it comes to Isabelle’s fishing rod.

Rick-Woomy!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7643-3959-7772
I just realized that Inkling wasn’t the only newcomer with really terrible design decisions that barely made any sense. Isabelle, Ridley, and King K. Rool are also full of trash decisions in their debut and patches. The smash team still can’t decide **** when it comes to Isabelle’s fishing rod.
I will agree with Isabelle not being the most well designed character in particular, but I don't think Ridley and K Rool are that poorly designed. They're just low/bottom tiers is all.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I will agree with Isabelle not being the most well designed character in particular, but I don't think Ridley and K Rool are that poorly designed. They're just low/bottom tiers is all.
Ridley was a mess at launch and they massively screwed up K Rool and the new Pichu after launch.

Top Bottom