• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkopolis Plaza – Squid Social

Inklings for Smash?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo UK has just put up a trailer for the previously announced Splatoon 2 UK Championship;

Good luck to any squid-kids who decide to enter! :grin:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
japans having a mcdonalds spaltfest of nuggets vs fries, kind of wish we got that one

edit: and then winner for our one is team flight

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just a heads-up to any Squid-kids in the US who are looking to get a Switch at the moment: The Walmart-exclusive Splatoon 2 Switch bundle (which includes a Switch console with Neon Green & Neon Pink Joy-Cons, a download-code for the full version of Splatoon 2, and a Splatoon 2 Switch carrying-case) has been released today.

This will surely be the freshest way to play both Splatoon 2 and Smash Switch. ;)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
aw man kelp dome was one of my least favourite stages, oh well new stage and brella look awesome

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
A no brainer for Smash! It would be silly to leave these guys out, yet as an AT

Count me in for support!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't like calling characters "no brainers", but I would be really surprised if Inklings weren't added in the next entry.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
btw recent victory for team warm breakfest in europe's latest spalfest, europe is sticking with its rather odd themes

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be cool to incorporate their massive launch that they can do after they spawn in (after dying in splatoon). It could work as their recovery maybe? Or possibly as their down-b. My idea is it works similarly to pikachu's down-b and have a squid fly down on you causing an explosion or something

Quillion

Smash Hero
Here's an idea: since there a ton of good move ideas for the Inklings, why not make TWO Inkling characters: Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy?

They would share some normals and the Super Jump Up-B, but they could use different weapons for their specials and some of their normals. I'd say the Inkling Boy should focus on close-range, while Inkling Girl focuses on long-range.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
have to say i really like the look of the new brella, gotta wonder if that bottle gun is a blaster or a regular shooter

and those new stages look great

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm just here to say this: Inkling is the most obvious newcomer, like, 99% to get in. UNLESS:

Do you guys will get mad if Sakurai chooses one of them?

[QUOTE="Ghirahilda, post: 21877395, member: 213194"

Do you guys will get mad if Sakurai chooses one of them?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

I would actually prefer one of them to an Inkling, even though it makes 0 sense and wouldn't happen.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
good news euro splatfest fans weve got a decent theme books vs films

Last edited:

Sinque

Smash Rookie
I can definitely see them as one of the most unique characters (except if Nintendo decides ruin the character interestingness and uniqueness like they did with Pac-Man, and a few others :crying: ).

I can kinda see them as sharing a lot of similarities to Etalus from Rivals of Aether (the best Smash clone out there).

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
After playing Splatoon 2 for a month or 2 I gotta say there is more than enough for a unique move set... that'll end up annoying me in some way, I bet. But despite the possible headaches I welcome a new gunner type character.

D

Deleted member

All I have to say is, they MUST add Inkling Boy as a playable character somehow. Bonus point if in the reveal trailer, he gets first bid.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
All I have to say is, they MUST add Inkling Boy as a playable character somehow. Bonus point if in the reveal trailer, he gets first bid.
I feel like Inkling Boy is going to be similar to female Robin, male Wii Fit Trainer, etc., in that he'll be one of the costume options. I'm guessing that the Inkling girl will be the default costume, though, since that seems to be the more recognizable version.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Inkling Boy is going to be similar to female Robin, male Wii Fit Trainer, etc., in that he'll be one of the costume options. I'm guessing that the Inkling girl will be the default costume, though, since that seems to be the more recognizable version.
Fair enough as I expect him to be an alternate costume anyway. I just really want him to be playable.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
get ready euro splatfans our next splatfest has been announced, what film genre do you prefer action or comedy?

EDIT: wait hold on its a global theme

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gotta say congrats on being the first announced newcomer for this Smash!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
We did it Inkling boys and girls. It was all us.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Inklings confirmed for Smash!

I knew they would be in the next Smash as soon the first Splatoon game came out in 2015.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pretty much a no brainer I think.

There weren't really any scenarios I could see where Inklings weren't the first new characters revealed.

It's still awesome though. :)

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Congrats guys.
It was a guarantee Inklings would be in Smash Switch, and it was also pretty much a guarantee they'd be the first characters announced.
It's still great news now.
and now... now that the Smash Switch news has begun.. we can all really start to get hyped!!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kudos to all Inkling supporters.

I always saw Inking as a likely inclusion, (1) because they're unique, and (2) the Splatoon series is not only popular, but phenomenal.

I sincerely look forward to seeing how they play in the new Smash.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
You guys just got the freshest character in the roster for new Smash releases. Stay fresh.

D

Deleted member

Congrats to y'all
I don't care for the Inklings but good for you guys

\(°|°)/

D

Deleted member

Congrats, Inkling supporters! Glad to see you got your character.

Top Bottom